Va Rally - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2020, 02:15 PM   #1

Name: Judith
Trailer: Shopping
Virginia
Va Rally

Hello, we are excited to find that there is a rally in our home state in Oct. 2020! We are retiring in 18 months and are driving ourselves crazy looking for the perfect(we know, it doesn't exist lol) small camper to travel in. We have looked at a couple of class B vans but are not convinced that's the way to go! The Casita 17' is now in our view finder although we haven't seen one in person. That's where our excitement about your rally comes in! At only a little over an hour away, we can see Scamps and Casitas! If anyone struggled with a decision to drive a Class B vs pulling a small fiberglass trailer, I would love to hear what made you go with the trailer! Thanks!
Judieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 03:03 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Class B

If you need to run to Wal Mart, go out to eat or local sightseeing you have to pack everything up or leave it out in the open at the campground. This was the main issue for me.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 04:11 PM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
To me, class B is ideally suited for travel where you are changing location every day or two. A pull behind trailer is best suited for travel where you are going to a destination and staying there for several days or more. T

In the end, there is no perfect RV.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 05:03 PM   #4

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
We are near Charlottesville if you want to see 2015 17' Casita Independence Deluxe in person - PM me to let us know. We had a 2008 Roadtrek 170 Popular class B when we bought the Casita. There are pros and cons to everything but we do not regret our decision one tiny bit. We originally got the Roadtrek because I did not want to pull a trailer. Now it is second nature and we love that we can customize our little trailer - this is not really possible with a class B. The little rally you are referring to is run by Walt who lives out there near Hungry Mother state park and he has a 17' Escape now. The rally will have Scamp, Casita and Escape current models to see and maybe some that are no longer in production like a Boler, Parkliner, Trillium, etc...

Tags
rally