wannabe egg owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #1

Name: Ann
Trailer: Dreaming of my own egg
Texas
wannabe egg owner

Hi Everyrone,
Well as the title reads I'm a wannabe! I'm hooked and I've never even stepped inside one! So I'm really trying to do my homework, My current plan is to purchase one (Preloved) early fall , my crazy idea is too live it fulltime while I continue to work about 6 more months or so. Then hit the rd to Florida (I think) Anyway, My daughter tells me I was a gypsy in another life cause I always want to move around! I live in an Apt now sharing it with my son, 2 dogs and a cat! The way I look at it I can live very happy in my little egg holding down a full time job for about the same as I'm paying rent Maybe even cheaper! I hate throwing good money into an apt when I could be traveling instead! I have mentioned my idea to family and the surprisingly it was well received! I think they just know I'm kinda crazy anyway,cosidering I'm nowhere near the point of being able to retire and I'm 52...
(Very long story)Anyway looking for ideas suggestions tales from anyone who has anything to say.. since from what I gather Rv'ers aren't shy I figured I better go straight to the horses mouth! BTW I'm in Houston.
Anndm1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Ann, Welcome! Glad you joined us........................

I think you live in a great place to find a used one. Seems like there is always a few popping up in TX.

Having rv'ed a lot, mostly in rv's much larger than our eggs. I have always thought a small molded fiber glass travel trailer would be way to small to live in, but that being said people do it all the time. And after the adventure I have been on the last few years I have become a never, say never person. So find the trailer that will meet your fulltimeing needs and get out and enjoy it! Again, Welcome!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #3

Name: Tina
Trailer: Burro
Arizona
Registry
Welcome!

It sounds like you are up for an adventure!

We just got our egg for traveling and camping with our little kiddos.

One thing to be aware of, and you may already know, make sure you know what size the trailers are that you are interested in. For example, our 14' Burro, is 14 feet bumper to hitch. The egg itself is 11 feet, plus few inches long... A 13' Scamp is a 10 foot trailer.

Again, welcome and have fun hunting.
Tina in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:38 AM   #4

Name: Ann
Trailer: Dreaming of my own egg
Texas
Hi
Awe Thanks for the tip! My heart is set on a 16ft as any smaller I really don't think I could handle and anything much bigger I prob wouldn't be able to pull by myself! Plus I want to leave the table up as my bed continually.
Anndm1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:53 AM   #5

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
there are several outside forums dedicated to full timing in a rv as our own discussions held here Fulltiming in a Molded Fiberglass Trailer - Fiberglass RV
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote