We found a Boler!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #1

Name: Maisie
Trailer: 1982 Boler
Quebec
We found a Boler!!

Hi Everyone!

My love affair, or should I say obsession with Bolers began on August 25th while camping in Kingston. Our family had been staying at the campground in a borrowed tent trailer for almost a week. We had the opportunity to see several FGRVs during our stay and didn't think much of them. As we always do on the tail end of our vacations - we started thinking about what we'll do next year: cross Canada trip.

We were looking at the cost of renting an rv and found the amounts to be ridiculous. That's when I happened to chat with a woman a couple spots down from our site. She told me about their Boler and invited me in. That was it! I was hooked! I started looking up info on FGRVs and found this incredible site! Loved the sense of community that exists and was determined to get one of our own. I just had to convince my spouse that it was a good idea.

I had visions of repainting, redecorating the Boler we had yet to own and would spend hours perusing sites to find one. All that "hard work" paid off, not a week after having returned from vacation, we found a 1982 Boler in good condition! Yes, it shows it's age, has brown and orange upholstery, but it's perfect!

Rufus has been with us for a couple of weeks now and was eager to get out and about. We took him to visit Mt Tremblant this week-end. We were a little disappointed to find some water infiltration. Wierd that it only occured while we were on the road (it's rained heavily in the weeks that our Boler was parked but no water coming in)...ah well, we're embarking on a new adventure so I guess that those kind of things happen.

I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to write about your experiences. I've already learnt alot and will certainly be reading up in the coming days and months as we fix some issues that we've come across.

Many thanks,
Maisie
Attached Thumbnails
Rufus.JPG  
bondgirl1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Maisie, I'm thinking you've got some great times and wonderful memories to make ahead of you! Looks like you've got a nice trailer with great bones. Good for you!!

Welcome to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here!!

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Welcome. FG trailer owners aren't merely a camping type, we are a cult.

Happy camping.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #4

Name: Mireille
Trailer: 1977 Boler 1300
Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondgirl1020 View Post
Hi Everyone!

I had visions of repainting, redecorating the Boler we had yet to own and would spend hours perusing sites to find one.

Many thanks,
Maisie
Yep. that's me right now !|
Old 09-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #5

Name: Maisie
Trailer: 1982 Boler
Quebec
Not sure what we got ourselves into

Salut Donna, Tom and Mireille!

Thanks to all! Hang in there Mireille you'll find what you're looking for!

Now having purchased it, we're now in the process of figuring out what needs to be done and how.

Maisie
bondgirl1020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler