Welcome to New Members - Page 18 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-01-2020, 07:37 PM   #341

Name: Marty
Trailer: Shopping
Colorado
On the hunt for my next "other home" for me and Maggie, my best friend EVER! Maggie's my 4yr-old border collie mix. Forever "...on the road again" in my Jeep pulling my soon-to-be OTHER home.
Marty A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:17 PM   #342

Name: Royce
Trailer: Casita
Santa Rosa
Greetings from Northern California... Royce & Ally

We are the new proud parents of a 2008 Casita LD.. .which we haven't even camped in yet (first trip in 4 days) but we've already done some extensive mods. (BAL scissor jacks x 4 last weekend) Many more on the way, love the ideas, keep them coming!

Royce & Ally
Juggledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 04:50 PM   #343

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
To Royce, Ally and Marty----WELCOME!!!

The folks here at this forum are helpful, generous and kind. Thanks for joining us.

We love, love, love photos, so take a few and hunt down the instructions on how to post them.

Let your memory-making begin!!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 05:11 PM   #344

Santa Rosa
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
To Royce, Ally and Marty----WELCOME!!!

The folks here at this forum are helpful, generous and kind. Thanks for joining us.

We love, love, love photos, so take a few and hunt down the instructions on how to post them.

Let your memory-making begin!!
You asked for it!

Let's see if this works

First pic is from a couple weeks ago when we did a road trip from Santa Rosa, CA to St. George, UT to pick Gulliver up.

Other two are here at home yesterday welding on BAL scissor jacks.

Royce
Attached Thumbnails
ResizerImage806X604.jpg   ResizerImage967X725.jpg  

ResizerImage846X634.jpg  
Old 02-10-2020, 05:16 PM   #345

Registry
That's the way!! So you have named your trailer Gulliver, eh? Very appropriate. lol

I saw those palm trees and my poor ol' heart did a doubletake. Snow, snow, snow up this way....so the thought of palms brings back wonderful WARM memories.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:19 AM   #346

Santa Rosa
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
That's the way!! So you have named your trailer Gulliver, eh? Very appropriate. lol

I saw those palm trees and my poor ol' heart did a doubletake. Snow, snow, snow up this way....so the thought of palms brings back wonderful WARM memories.
Yes, all the more appropriate as I am 6'4" and approaching 300lbs... ;-)

I especially liked that palm tree pic. We're an hour north of the Golden Gate bridge but from that photo, we could be in Key West!

Royce
Old 03-14-2020, 04:49 PM   #347

Name: Tom / Heather
Trailer: Bigfoot
Manitoba
Hello from Winnipeg

Hello folks,
I've been following this community for a couple of years now and figured I should introduce ourselves and be an active member.
We are Tom and Heather in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
We are the proud owners of a 1990 Bigfoot 5th wheel. We acquired her in 2017 and took her all the way to Newfoundland and back that summer. Spent 6 weeks touring around the east coast of Canada. Loved very minute. Could have spent more time but needed to get back. Pulled her with a 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 with a 4.8 litre V8 and trailing package. Took my son's advice and didn't calculate the mpg, just enjoyed ourselves.
Love all the topics that are discussed in the forums. Looking to utilize a lot of the advice I found this spring when I start doing some rehab on our unit.
Planning on giving the shell a good clean and polish and brightening up the interior with a coat of paint to cover the dark wood. It shall be fun.
Regards,
Tom
Gypsy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 05:34 PM   #348

Registry
Welcome, Heather and Tom!!

We---my husband Dennis and I---were in your fair city in 2018 for the 50th Boler anniversary bash. Did you by chance wander thru the Fairgrounds and check out the action??

Living in the Maritimes, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to this area. Moved here from southern Ontario over 20 years ago and haven't regretted it. Different pace of life. Alot longer to get across the country, though!! lol

Post some photos when you get a minute, if you can, as we really do love seeing them on this forum.

Again, welcome.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:55 AM   #349

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
welcome

Welcome to probably the best place on the net for great information and nice members. You will be happy her and gets tons of help if needed.

glad you are here

bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy60 View Post
Hello folks,
I've been following this community for a couple of years now and figured I should introduce ourselves and be an active member.
We are Tom and Heather in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
We are the proud owners of a 1990 Bigfoot 5th wheel. We acquired her in 2017 and took her all the way to Newfoundland and back that summer. Spent 6 weeks touring around the east coast of Canada. Loved very minute. Could have spent more time but needed to get back. Pulled her with a 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 with a 4.8 litre V8 and trailing package. Took my son's advice and didn't calculate the mpg, just enjoyed ourselves.
Love all the topics that are discussed in the forums. Looking to utilize a lot of the advice I found this spring when I start doing some rehab on our unit.
Planning on giving the shell a good clean and polish and brightening up the interior with a coat of paint to cover the dark wood. It shall be fun.
Regards,
Tom
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:05 PM   #350

Name: Tom / Heather
Trailer: Bigfoot
Manitoba
Hello from Winnipeg

Thank you Theresa and Bob for the warm welcome.
We were unable to attend the Boler get together as we had to be out of town for a wedding. Looking to go to the St Malo fibreglass get together this summer.
I have looked at some of the forums for ideas and advice on sprucing up the Bigfoot and I am gob smacked as to the amount of information available.
Once I get my unit out of winter storage and get to work on it, I will post some pictures. By that time, we should have decided on a name for our unit.
Regards,
Tom
Gypsy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 11:38 AM   #351

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
i wish

well your welcome is heartfelt here! I envy you for having a Big Foot. The couple we bought our 13f scamp from had just bought a 5th wheel Big Foot. I like them but I don't have enough rig to tug them so we are happy with our Scamp.

At 78 this will be our last rig but we have been to Quartzite 2x with it and had a blast both times.

The desert is quite a fabulous place to be in for a bit.

best of luck here

bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy60 View Post
Thank you Theresa and Bob for the warm welcome.
We were unable to attend the Boler get together as we had to be out of town for a wedding. Looking to go to the St Malo fibreglass get together this summer.
I have looked at some of the forums for ideas and advice on sprucing up the Bigfoot and I am gob smacked as to the amount of information available.
Once I get my unit out of winter storage and get to work on it, I will post some pictures. By that time, we should have decided on a name for our unit.
Regards,
Tom
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:07 PM   #352

Name: Linda
Trailer: Helio O2
Pennsylvania
new members

We are new here. Bought a Helio O2. Tow with 2018 Outback. Our home base is in Eastern PA.
warlinda94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 05:43 PM   #353

Name: Paula
Trailer: Forest River Work & Play
Jasper
Hello form North Georgia.. we have a 2014 Work & Play toy hauler...toys are Triumph motorcycle..kayaka and three dogs! Love going to dog show and doh dock diving... motorcycle rallies. Thank you for the add!
Campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 04:16 PM   #354

Name: Sara
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Hello!

Hi All! I'm Sara and I just picked up the Boler of my dreams! It is a '76, b-1300, and I am just over the moon! I bought it in early March but could only go pick it up this past weekend (due to travel restrictions). I am happy to have it home in the Fraser Valley, B.C. I've already posted a question to the forums and received some many helpful answers. I am so happy to be here and look forward to contributing!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7086.jpg  

Sara D.
Sara Drieds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 04:32 PM   #355

Name: Danielle
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Hello Everyone,

Excited to join this forum and begin my learnings about my ‘new to me’ 1300 1971 Trillium! Plenty of fixes to complete so I’m looking forward to the groups feedback.

Serial # 13-01

Best,
Danielle
DHHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 08:05 PM   #356

Name: Haley
Trailer: Triple E
Saskatchewan

Hi everyone,

I’m new to this forum but have done the interiors on a couple of campers. Paint, upholstery, etc., nothing major! a I’m looking at buying and refinishing a Triple E, which is my reason for joining today. Glad to see this forum seems active and current!
SaskCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:59 AM   #357

Name: Will
Trailer: Winnebago
Illinois
Hello there!
I'm new here. Looking for some inspiration to get my trailer spiced up.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:36 PM   #358

Name: Harold
Michigan
Hi my name is Nick

I live in Algonac, MI. Last year while walking my dog through the park I was right in the middle of the Classic Egg Scramble and got the idea for a RV trailer. I now have a new Casita and looking forward to meet people with
similar setups for new ideas and making acquaintances.
Algonac Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 05:39 PM   #359

Name: Ed
Trailer: Not yet...
Alabama
Hi there!

Just joined the forum, been debating taking the fiberglass plunge. Looking forward to wandering around the site and learning. Would love recommendations of things to look at and to avoid. Pulling with a Honda Odyssey, so trying to stay under 2500 pounds (preferably closer to 2000).
zarnof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 03:41 PM   #360

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarnof View Post
Just joined the forum, been debating taking the fiberglass plunge. Looking forward to wandering around the site and learning. Would love recommendations of things to look at and to avoid. Pulling with a Honda Odyssey, so trying to stay under 2500 pounds (preferably closer to 2000).
Start with the weights in the real world spreadsheet. Lots of confusion out there, 2000 pounds or less you are likely talking Scamp 13 or one of a variety of vintage 13 foot trailers.

Key decision is bathroom or no bathroom. In a 13 footer, space is at a premium so adding a bathroom means giving something else up: like bunk beds or a place to sit or whatever. The next question is AC. To get AC, you are better off with one of the newer trailers.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote