Welcome to New Members - Page 19 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-03-2020, 05:32 AM   #361

Name: Dominic
Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17
Quebec
first post

Hi all, I just bought a 1989 17 foot bigfoot trailer. Pretty sure I will be asking a lot of dumb questions as my RV experience is pretty much 0.
wallnut1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 05:19 PM   #362

Name: Ed
Trailer: Not yet...
Alabama
Great advice and much appreciated! Apologies for the delay, had some phone/computer issues.
zarnof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 02:14 PM   #363

Name: Alicia
Trailer: 79 Beachcomber
Ontario
1979 Beachcomber

Hi all, thanks for having this forum! I currently have a 1979 Beachcomber, gutted and sitting in my yard. This is my first trailer (and so excited it's vintage!), and I am looking forward to putting her back together. I have a campground in the forested part of my 4 acres, that friends have parked their trailers for the summer. We call this amazing place Gypsy Town.
As I get her closer to completion, I am sure I will be researching and reaching out. Thank everyone in advance for tips, tricks and ideas that will help.
Cheers, and happy canping!!!
pisha812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 02:25 PM   #364

Name: Alicia
Trailer: 79 Beachcomber
Ontario
Hi Danielle, I love triliums
Do you have any pics?

When life gets tough, hug some fiberglass
pisha812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 03:30 PM   #365

Name: Jack
Trailer: in the market
Florida
First post from a wanna be newbe... I have never been rv camping before and suddenly have the urge to go!. I have recently bought a F150 ecoboost with airbags and a 5th wheel set of rails in it...Meant to be? Perhaps. I have lots of time off from my job,I work 28 days and get 28 days off. I live in St Augustine ,fl so plenty of places to go within a days drive. Thanx for having me..Jack
sofmerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:21 PM   #366

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome to New Members

Welcome, Jack! You’ve come to the right place for small, lightweight, all-molded fiberglass trailers and fifth wheels.

Since you mentioned the rails, we’ll start there. Scamp and Escape both make molded fiberglass fifth wheels (technically Scamp’s is a gooseneck, but their in-bed ball mount uses the same rails). There are also vintage Bigfoot fifth wheels to be found, along with a few other very rare vintage molded 5-ers.

They’re all smaller than the typical framed and laminated Elkhart fare and all are half ton towable.

Best wishes in your RV journey, wherever it leads!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 02:57 PM   #367

Name: Adam
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
Starting our journey!

Hi everyone. I've been referencing the forum for a while as my wife and I both love the idea of having a fiberglass RV for our long term trailering needs and wants.
We're in the process of finding the right one. Bed size is important! The bathroom is important! Weight is important! The ability to maintain for years to come is important! - LOL
Hoping to find a well maintained, older Bigfoot 21FB that we can make our own soon!
If you have any tips/tricks or recommendations for us to ensure we get ourselves a nice trailer please feel free to PM me. Anything on the Bigfoots from the mid 90's to early 00's that I need to look out for?
BC_Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 03:15 PM   #368

Name: Dave
Trailer: Currently Shopping former Casita
Blanchard
Hello to All - Very Good to be Here!

Hello!
We are new to forums (thanks in advance for your patience) and RV life. We are taking delivery on our Casita in mid-August and are really excited to begin our adventures. It is our hope that we will meet many of you along the way.

Happy Trails to you,
Okie Dave
Okie Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:56 AM   #369

Name: Cheryl
Trailer: Bolder
Texas
1972 Bolder camper

I all I am new to this. I have a Bolder camper that I bough to use as a photo booth

Have had a great time doing this but now in the pandemic I want to start camping it it.

Any ideas on AC installations or portable ac? Because it fiberglass it’s so hot.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 08:32 PM   #370

Name: Don
Trailer: Trail mite
California
Hello. After looking for two years, one bought out from under me by a flipper, I have my rig. 72 trail mite
Attached Thumbnails
71CFA49A-BFF5-48D3-9885-0C4E4C28456F.jpg  
Digger Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 10:57 AM   #371

Name: Rod
Trailer: Trillium 1300
BC
76 Trillium

Hello all, Rod and Liz are retired and living in BC and have just completed two 1 week camping trips in our brand new to us Trillium 13 footer.

This is our first experience with not tenting and the first week in the Kootenays rained every day with a few thunderstorms thrown in. What a treat to sit inside and have cup of tea in a warm dry space.

We will be doing a few upgrades and asking some questions so look forward to hearing some of the expertise of others.

We tow with my 2006 Santa Fe AWD, with the small V6, and so far it is okay, but slow on some of the mountain passes.

Look forward to virtually meeting many other folks, thanks, Rod
Rodmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 03:56 PM   #372

Name: Greg
Trailer: Trillium
St Catharines
Hi all. We picked up our 81 Trillium 4500 about 3 weeks ago and this forum has been great so far as I had to reseal my roof vent.

We're currently on our first trip with it and it is so much better than sleeping on the ground in a tent.
bentheprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 06:39 AM   #373

Name: K Ann
Trailer: 13 Scamp 1978
Nebraska
Hi from Nebraska - Fixing Interior Paint Job

I'm the new owner of a 1978 13' Scamp. We just pulled it into our drive last night and I'm over the moon. It's a fixer-upper. Most would have passed on this one and I wonder whether I should have. But they are so coveted in these strange times that I had to jump on it and have a winter project to keep my hands and mind busy.

My original goal was to restore it, not trick it out. But last evening I sat in it to revel in it's wonderful Scampiness and I realized that my hair had stuck to the PO's paint job. It had been on I-80 for hours in the August sun so it was cooked for sure. The sticky paint is adhered well to the interior and I could find no bubbling or peeling so I'm looking for the least sticky and most affordable paint to cover it.

I've already searched the archives for removal of paint but my time will be spent working on more structural issues. I would love your input.
K Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 01:32 PM   #374

Name: Debbie
Trailer: Shopping
Florida
Thanks for letting me join.
floridabookworm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 11:01 AM   #375

Name: Susan
Trailer: Scamp 13
Massachusetts
Hello from Massachusetts

Hi folks,

We are about to inherit a 13 foot Scamp and we are very excited. we have been camping for many, many years in backpack tents, big tents, pop up trailer and a seasonal setup. Got out of it due to health issues but now that we are retired, we have time and with the pandemic we are hesitant to fly around.

We will be driving out to Arizona in the Spring to pick up the Scamp. Our biggest concern is staying safe. So any tips in that area are more than welcome. Like, campgrounds that are safe on the way. We will be tenting our way out (weather permitting).

My mother-in-law is thrilled to keep the Scamp in the family. Just checked and it is a 1989 model and seems to have some mods to add counter space. Our son does Overland mods to his 4-runner so I am sure he will love to get his hands on this as well.

That's it for us! Thanks for being out there.

Susan
SusanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 11:33 AM   #376

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Welcome Susan,
To our little fiberglass world. I40 west from Oklahoma to Needles,Ca is a relatively straight shot with plenty of KOA's along the way. I recommend them as it will ge cold at night out in the desert and their little cabins are heated.
Old 09-22-2020, 12:55 PM   #377

Name: Susan
Trailer: Scamp 13
Massachusetts
Ah cabins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Welcome Susan,
To our little fiberglass world. I40 west from Oklahoma to Needles,Ca is a relatively straight shot with plenty of KOA's along the way. I recommend them as it will ge cold at night out in the desert and their little cabins are heated.
Cabins sound great. Would not have thought of it.

Thanks
Susan
SusanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 10:00 PM   #378

Name: Luke
Trailer: Boler American
Colorado
New to us '72 boler American

Hello all, so glad to be here,
We have just purchased a '72 boler American, serial #3017, up in North Dakota and trailed it back to Colorado this past weekend. Decent shape overall, but misaligned door, a black mold nightmare inside and she sits real low, so will likely be going down the path of new axle and probable frame rework/rebuild (love the labyrinth of info here, thank you!). We are pulling it with our Jeep 2 door so could use the extra "new" height going forward, plus hope to take the boler down mild forest service roads for our travels throughout the SW and PNW. I will have suspension/tire questions.

Wife is thrilled to own a new dream, and my inability to sit still will likely be very complimented by this classic fixer-upper. Anyways very excited to be a part of the experience and we look forward to joining you all in conversation. Laissez les bon temps roulez!

- Luke & Melissa
Attached Thumbnails
bridgette.jpg  
Maggotbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 09:26 PM   #379

Name: Donald
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
And so it begins - just bought this beauty.

Lots to work on. I spent the weekend removing the nasty, moldy, saggy foam insulation and the hatchet reno "upgrades" a previous owner did to the dinette area. Then I removed the ugly linoleum flooring and confirmed by suspicion that the subfloor in the rear by the fridge / furnace is rotted. It seems like a combination of a leaky roof vent and some water coming in through the fridge vents.
LeftToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 02:39 PM   #380

Name: Donald
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftToaster View Post
And so it begins - just bought this beauty.

Lots to work on. I spent the weekend removing the nasty, moldy, saggy foam insulation and the hatchet reno "upgrades" a previous owner did to the dinette area. Then I removed the ugly linoleum flooring and confirmed by suspicion that the subfloor in the rear by the fridge / furnace is rotted. It seems like a combination of a leaky roof vent and some water coming in through the fridge vents.
Hmm not sure why the picture didn't post.

LeftToaster is offline   Reply With Quote