Welcome to New Members - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2014, 08:48 AM   #101

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Beefing Up???

At least to moi, "First thing is to beef up my truck as much as possible" sounds like wanting add capacity to a truck that may or may not be rated to tow the loaded weight of a 16' Scamp.

In as much as the OP didn't mention what his TV was, and that there are any number of compact trucks out that that are not rated to tow a loaded 16' Scamp, I was only offering a newbie information that many are not aware of when they get what might be their first towable.

Maybe the seller told him that it could "Be towed with any 4 cylinder pick-up" when he bought it, which isn't always a true statement.

It was only intended as additional background info for a newbie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
Bob, nothing was mentioned about increasing capacties by the OP, just add ons for safety. All pretty much normal for a truck not having a tow package on it.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:09 PM   #102

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Send a message via MSN to Bobbiemae
Hi: I got my '78 13' Boler a month ago. I'd hoped to be practicing driving and backing up before spring but still working on coordinating wires between her and my jeep patriot. Want to go out overnight on my Sunday nights off but first need someone to show me whether furnace and stove work. I can't wait to start making memories for my grandkids and feel my life will change drastically being a Boler Grammy.
Bobbiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:43 PM   #103

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I see you Marjie.. does that count?
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 10:03 PM   #104

Name: Carmel
Trailer: In the Market
California
Hello to all,
Very excited about finding this forum! I am on a major search for a Casita Patriot and wanting to find out about other small fiberglass travel trailers.

CCORR

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
CCorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:53 AM   #105

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Welcome Carmel. You'll find lots and lots of info here.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 01:41 AM   #106

Name: Lee
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Registry
I have tried to post a message saying hello but when I hit the preview or post reply the message is erased. Any advice
Old 11-23-2014, 08:26 AM   #107

Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Welcome to the forum Lee. Glad you have joined us.
Looks like it worked this time.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 08:35 AM   #108

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captleemo View Post
I have tried to post a message saying hello but when I hit the preview or post reply the message is erased. Any advice

I believe it "disappears" when you reply. If you hit the back button on your device it will return to your message. Have faith, it takes a while to figure out how the site works. And welcome!

Old 12-05-2014, 06:40 PM   #109
Commercial Member

Name: Armadillo
Trailer: armadillo
British Columbia
Thanks, what a great site!

Armadillo mfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:48 PM   #110

Name: Mike & Laurie
Trailer: Kodiak
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaChickie View Post
After a quick look, I have two I would recommend if you just want to be close to the city:
New Orleans West KOA | Camping in Louisiana | KOA Campgrounds
This one is in River Ridge, a nice, safe small city that is pretty close to downtown.

Pontchartrain Landing - A Secure New Orleans Waterfront RV Park and Campground
This one is in New Orleans Easy, right on the water, near Lake Pontchatrain. We go to hang out here in warm weather to eat, drink and be merry. It is under new management, so not sure how it is now, but they used to have a really good restaurant there.

If you do not mind driving across the Miss. River to get downtown, this is my favorite, Bayou Signette. Get a real taste of what the area is like.Bayou Segnette State Park | Louisiana Office of State Parks

Thx NOLA Chickie, we booked Bayou Segnette for 3 nights. Going Han 30th to Feb 2nd. I appreciate your help.

campground Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:13 AM   #111

Name: Nancy
Trailer: Casita
Florida
Hello, new here, we have a 2010 Casita , haven't used it yet. Would love to learn a lot from experienced owners. Thanks in advance.

Nancy in Fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:18 AM   #112

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Welcome to our little world, Nancy. Hopefully we all can learn together. Any pictures of your unit, we love pictures. Also there are several rally's coming up this spring and summer which can allow one to view other member's units and get ideas on decorating and modifications.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:31 AM   #113

Name: Dave & Karen
Trailer: 2014 Casita SD 17FT
Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaChickie View Post
After a quick look, I have two I would recommend if you just want to be close to the city:
New Orleans West KOA | Camping in Louisiana | KOA Campgrounds
This one is in River Ridge, a nice, safe small city that is pretty close to downtown.

Pontchartrain Landing - A Secure New Orleans Waterfront RV Park and Campground
This one is in New Orleans Easy, right on the water, near Lake Pontchatrain. We go to hang out here in warm weather to eat, drink and be merry. It is under new management, so not sure how it is now, but they used to have a really good restaurant there.

If you do not mind driving across the Miss. River to get downtown, this is my favorite, Bayou Signette. Get a real taste of what the area is like.Bayou Segnette State Park | Louisiana Office of State Parks
Welcome. After picking up our new Casita this past March from Texas we drove down to New Orleans and stayed at the KOA mentioned above. The staff was great, super friendly! Clean restrooms, grounds and a short scenic drive to the French Quarter. We arrived late with no reservation and a nice gentleman waited for us to arrive and even help guide me into the dark camp spot. Highly recommend this KOA. Safe travels.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:09 PM   #114

Name: Arne
Trailer: Boler 1975
Email
Hello to all on this amazing website!
The knowledge and experience of the membership is amazing! I thank all of you so much for your postings and answering member qustions. THANKS AGAIN! It’s time I returned the favor.
I joined last summer shortly after buying a 1975 Boler. I pulled it home, parked it in my garage not quiet knowing where to start. After discovering Fiberglass RV I was beginning to get a fairly clear picture on where to begin.
To date I’ve gutted most of the interior. Removed the shell from the trailer. Had some welding done to the trailer frame and added stabilizer jacks. Painter the trailer. Replaced the coupler with a 2”. Just finished off fastening a new torsion bar axle with electric breaks. And when weather permits I’ve been patching holes in the fiberglass since November. It”s been a terrific experience and look forward to getting on the road. Still a long way to go. I will be posting picture of my reno to this point.
ArneB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:30 PM   #115

Name: JerryJohn
Trailer: New owner Scamp 13' 2009
Florida
Hi all you talented members, I have been looking for my little Scamp 13' for two years and just found one, now it's mine and Sandy's. 2009 in great condition. Started my MODS already from some of your posts. Adding access baggage door, baskets in closet, and now electric Incinerator under the sink for instant hot water. Nest a place for the Microwave. Designing Awnings for rear side windows, Pics to follow later. Booked camping site for next Month to check it out. Sharing ideas is great, thanks to all of you and good camping. Jerry
Old 02-21-2015, 03:50 PM   #116

Name: Steve
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Florida
Hi, I'm Steve. I am in the process of trying to make the right decision on what I want to tow with my 2014 Ford Escape, safely and without much effort. It has the 2L Ecoboost engine and is rated to tow 3500lbs with its tow package that has. I have been looking at the 13' Scamps and was even considering the 16'.
Any ideas for a nuwbie?
Thanks, and I am glad to be here.
Steve
Stevesway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 05:53 PM   #117

Name: jackie
Trailer: Trillium 5500
Saskatchewan
Hope we have our trailers name correct. It is a 1980 17 foot with bathroom-think it is a 5500. Am I correct?
Jackie Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:29 PM   #118

Towing with a Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevesway View Post
Hi, I'm Steve. I am in the process of trying to make the right decision on what I want to tow with my 2014 Ford Escape, safely and without much effort. It has the 2L Ecoboost engine and is rated to tow 3500lbs with its tow package that has. I have been looking at the 13' Scamps and was even considering the 16'.
Any ideas for a nuwbie?
Thanks, and I am glad to be here.
Steve

Hi and Welcome to the Group Steve
You might want to start a new thread with your question in the towing forum, it might get lost here.

Old 02-21-2015, 07:31 PM   #119

Name: Steve
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Florida
Ok Bob. But I will answer Jackie's question and then head over an appropriate group or start a new thread like you suggest.
Jackie, the Scamp I am talking about is a 2014. I don't remember seeing a particular model number. They just show the 13' in the standard and deluxe models. The 13' weight about 1200 lbs. to 1500 lbs. dry. the 16' is about 1750 lbs. to 2000 lbs.
Thanks for your response.
Stevesway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:44 PM   #120

Yep, just go to the top of the page and click on Forums and pick the best one from there .... Towing? and click on New Thread. Because your question doesn't show up in the thread title it will be massed by many.