What to bring - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2022, 11:44 AM   #1

Name: Joel
Trailer: shopping
Tx
What to bring

Good day, we are picking up our new casita on Tuesday and camping at a near by state park as advised on here to check out all the systems. Any sugestions on what we need to bring with us. I know about bedding, cooking stuff. Just wondering if there are things that people typically don't think to bring that will be needed. Thanks for any input. Joel
jeepers29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 01:53 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Filter and pressure regulator for water connection. 30A to 15/20A electric plug adaptor. Chocks and leveling blocks. Disposable latex gloves for emptying tanks at dump station. Set of basic tools.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 01:53 PM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
I suggest you keep it simple. This will just be a shakedown cruise and you only need the minimum of stuff. Trying to bring everything you might need will be stressful and unnecessary.

If you will only be out for a couple of days, just bring bedding, appropriate clothes for the season and the few days you'll be gone, a couple cases of bottled water, some basic food that you don't want to shop for after picking it up, a flashlight, a few basic tools like pliers and 4 way screwdriver, a polarity tester, paper towels, TP, towels, plastic cups, coffee pot, frying pan, a few utensils to eat with and a couple of folding chairs. Bring a notepad and a pen to make a list and a bottle of wine to celebrate.

The best way to find out what you need beyond that, and there will be a lot of things, is to wish you had them. So put them on the list.
Old 01-30-2022, 01:54 PM   #4

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Tow vehicle....food.....beer.....sleeping bags.....pillows......clothes......toothbrush..... .soap......towels......spoons/forks/plates/pans etc......paper towels.....toilet paper......toilet chems......broom.....tool kit.....flashlight.....water hose (if not provided)........you will love your Casita....best little trailer out there.........congrats!
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 03:05 PM   #5

Name: Joel
Trailer: shopping
Tx
Thank you for all the helpful replys. It's been a long 12 months.
jeepers29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 08:28 PM   #6

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Wheel chocks and blocks.

Wax paper for the tow ball.

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 01:04 AM   #7

Name: CalCop
Trailer: Casita
California
Good lord no one mentioned Scotch!
CalCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 09:26 AM   #8

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalCop View Post
Good lord no one mentioned Scotch!
That's okay, they did mention a bottle of wine.
Welcome Joel and have a blast on your maiden voyage. Chances are there'll be several 'darn. I should have thought to bring..." moments, but you'll be having so much fun it won't matter much.

Walt
Old 01-31-2022, 09:31 AM   #9

Name: Ed
Trailer: Casita 17 ft SD
Colorado
What to bring

A list of intructions for setup so that you get the sequence correct.

A list of instructions for tear down so you don't forget something.

Know how too back a trailer into a camp site.
ehoepner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 09:31 AM   #10

Name: John
Trailer: 2000 16ft Scamp
Minnesota
easy

Single Malt would be best, inaugural voyage and all. It helps to soften that new mattress.
John
Old 01-31-2022, 09:35 AM   #11

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Taking a camping companion really helps....
Old 01-31-2022, 10:04 AM   #12

Name: Avey
Trailer: 21' BigFoot, 17 wide body Burro
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers29 View Post
Good day, we are picking up our new casita on Tuesday and camping at a near by state park as advised on here to check out all the systems. Any sugestions on what we need to bring with us. I know about bedding, cooking stuff. Just wondering if there are things that people typically don't think to bring that will be needed. Thanks for any input. Joel

I would include a hitch lock so you can also take in a few sites along the way home. Remember to also bring some black water tank additives for your toilet tank.
ZAC N CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 10:14 AM   #13

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
What to bring
Joel
A sense of humor and a zero balance credit card.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 10:53 AM   #14

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
And be sure to bring a pocket knife in case you lose your phone!
Attached Thumbnails
Lose Your Phone Again.jpg  

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 08:02 PM   #15

Name: Bonnie
Massachusetts
Quote:
...we are picking up our new Casita on Tuesday and camping.... Any suggestions on what we need to bring with us? .... Joel
A pocket sized note pad and a pen for each camper. Write down the additional items you think of, right then when you think of them.

I don't write things down to remember them. I write them down so that I can forget them. I just need to remember where I put the paper!
Jon MB
Bonnie RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 01:16 PM   #16

Name: Bill
California
Registry
We got ours July 2020. Casita provided a small sample of tank chemicals, fresh water hose, pressure regulator, basic voltmeter for battery state of charge, 30A to 20A adapter, lug wrench, basic sewer hose. Must haves would be water filter, leveling blocks or wedge, wheel chocks (Harbor Freight has nice rubber ones), surge protector (if you didn’t order one from Casita). And beverage of choice. We traveled with everything we’d need which was nuts but it was fun to unpack and move in. It’ll be fun!
billeldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 02:14 PM   #17

Name: Lane
New Hampshire
Casita will give you a big blue folder with all the owners manuals in it. I suggest reading them all. Lot's of your future questions will be answered. Like "why are all the alarms going off the first time we used the furnace. Why does the furnace come on when I turned on the heat strip". Have a great trip, relax and enjoy your adult beverage!
Lane Noyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 04:13 PM   #18

Name: RamblinRick
Kansas
Test gas and electric hot water heater while you are at the park.

Be careful to make sure there is water in the hot water tank.
There is a bypass under the seat on the right hand site.
richardabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 04:28 PM   #19

Name: RamblinRick
Kansas
Test gas and electric hot water heater while you are at the park.

Be careful to make sure there is water in the hot water tank.
There is a bypass under the seat on the right hand site.
richardabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 11:11 AM   #20

Name: Frank
Arizona
Picking Up New Casita

Hi, We picked our Casita up in December 2020 and here is what they provided:
25 ft water hose, water pressure regulator, carbon water filter, plug-in volt meter, trailer-hitch padlock, wheel lug wrench, long-handled wrench for back scissor jacks, and sewer hose with inlet adapter. With our Anderson hitch, there was a socket to adjust chains - you will need a 1/2 inch ratchet (wrench). I think there was an 20 amp - 30 amp adapter, but not sure. Also not sure about the black-water tank tablets, but would always be helpful to have more.

You should bring wheel chocks and some leveling pads. A little, 8-inch step stool is handy for the door. You will have to fill your propane tanks and Casita gave us directions to a place in Corsicana for that.

I was confused the first night about how to turn on the hot water tank (lot of first-time instructions to remember). Using shore power (electric), the switch is outside through the ventilated hatch. To use propane, the switch is inside, near the 12 v master switch, and has a red light.

Have fun with your travels, we certainly enjoy ours.

Frank
Moyza Frank is offline   Reply With Quote