What trailer to buy? - Page 10 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2017, 02:48 PM   #181

Name: Sandra
Trailer: Parkliner SOLD November 2017
South Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebooks View Post
Nice. Looks like my truck (white) except I have a simple bed cover. Where did you get your cap? My leather seats are cream. My truck was equipped with an all-black interior. Florida too. Go figure.
I bought the 2011 Ford Ranger from CarMax with the cap attached. I have black cloth seats. The Ranger is a V6 4L with tow package and pulls our Parkliner with ease.

You can get a cap at an after market place, just Google truck caps in your area. I had one put on our Jeep Comanche pickup truck several years ago. (the Jeep is long gone!)
Sandy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:24 PM   #182

Name: Michael
Trailer: Oliver Travel Trailer
Florida
The after market caps I looked at were quite pricey. FF has the right idea. I just don't have the time he has apparently.
roguebooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:44 PM   #183

Name: Frank
Trailer: none
Georgia
What trailer to buy

I've purchased other caps. All used as they are way too much new. This one was the best deal of my lifetime. He gave me the paper work and it cost $2400 new. Yikes!!!

Now how to rent an Oliver for the weekend!!!
Famous Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 05:30 PM   #184

Name: Diane
Trailer: 2015 Lil Snoozy
Delaware
It took me about an hour to read through all of these posts. I've been on the fence in choosing a TT. Flip-flopping between Lil Snoozy, Ollie Elite and...wait for it....Sprinter class B conversion. I've visited Snoozy factory, Sprinter conversion company and hope to visit Oliver in early fall. Each is so different, not only in price but in design. All are excellent quality. One more I may consider is the Nest which will be sold by Airstream in 2018, if I can wait that long. I can say, this was one of the best threads I've read in a while. Roguebooks....I'm with your wife on her choice to have light/white colors and more modern design. BTW...When I visited Lil Snoozy, Richard said he could send the cabinets out to be painted! White cabinets rule!
Bernese Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 05:36 PM   #185

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
If you can afford it, go with Sprinter conversion. I already decided to me that my next "rig" will be Sprinter conversion 4x4. It is the best fit to my travelling style. But is pretty expensive :-)
Old 06-25-2017, 05:44 PM   #186

Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokhapkin View Post
If you can afford it, go with Sprinter conversion. I already decided to me that my next "rig" will be Sprinter conversion 4x4. It is the best fit to my travelling style. But is pretty expensive :-)

Yes...really freakin' expensive! Makes the Ollie look like a bargain. My needs are pretty basic so I may save some on my choices. Visited Sportsmobile, Creative Mobile Interiors this week. I would have gone to Advanced RV but $200K was way out of my budget. Keep an eye on some of those Sprinter forums. There are many problems with emissions equipment!
Old 06-25-2017, 05:44 PM   #187

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokhapkin View Post

Not familiar at all with that brand. Google is in the cards
Old 06-25-2017, 05:52 PM   #188

SW Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernese Bunch View Post
Yes...really freakin' expensive! Makes the Ollie look like a bargain. My needs are pretty basic so I may save some on my choices. Visited Sportsmobile, Creative Mobile Interiors this week. I would have gone to Advanced RV but $200K was way out of my budget. Keep an eye on some of those Sprinter forums. There are many problems with emissions equipment!
Luxury Downsized Motorhomes | Downsized Class C, Class B-Plus, Class B RVs | Coach House Inc. looks very interesting too. Platinum and Platinum II models are moulded fiberglass class B+.
Old 06-25-2017, 05:54 PM   #189

SW Florida
Quote:
Not familiar at all with that brand. Google is in the cards
Look at Luxury Small Motorhomes | Fuel-Efficient Mercedes Class B RVs | Coach House Arriva or Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Vans Info - Sportsmobile Custom Camper Vans
Old 06-25-2017, 06:14 PM   #190

Florida
Not for me or my pocketbook. Part of the allure of an Eggcamper for example is fitting in with others like them. A Sprinter Conversion or Ollie Elite II sticks out too much and feels pretentious to me no matter how great and cool they are. Still, our Ollie tour is Tuesday and we might succumb to a bit of snobbery just as we do with our taste in coffee. 🤦*♂️🤷*♂️
Old 06-25-2017, 07:01 PM   #191

Delaware
Quote:
Not for me or my pocketbook. Part of the allure of an Eggcamper for example is fitting in with others like them. A Sprinter Conversion or Ollie Elite II sticks out too much and feels pretentious to me no matter how great and cool they are. Still, our Ollie tour is Tuesday and we might succumb to a bit of snobbery just as we do with our taste in coffee. 🤦*♂️🤷*♂️
I completely led us a stray! Class B is probably good for me as I will travel solo with my 2 big dogs. I feel safer if I need to move out in a hurry if I don't have to hitch up and do all the other things necessary to go. Sorry I went off topic. Did you happen to look at the Nest?
Old 06-26-2017, 01:47 AM   #192

Florida
I will look at the Nest when they come out. But most likely same feeling. We prefer The Eggcamper. That or an Ollie.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:16 AM   #193

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I will look at the Nest when they come out. But most likely same feeling. We prefer The Eggcamper. That or an Ollie.
Eggcamper for sale right now: 2009 Eggcamper 17' Fiberglass Trailer - $13500 - Austin, TX
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:41 PM   #194

Florida
How about the Armadillo 13.5 trailer?

I have looked at the website for Armadillo trailers twice now and I am impressed with not only the looks of their trailer, but also the construction.

https://www.armadillotrailers.net

Of course, given its size, it does not offer an interior bathroom but instead a Thetford portable toilet. Does anyone on this forum own an Armadillo? What do you think of them? (No use debating the portable toilet and outdoor shower as it is the only option.) I am interested in its trailering and quality of construction and materials. Thanks.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:07 PM   #195

Delaware
Quote:
I have looked at the website for Armadillo trailers twice now and I am impressed with not only the looks of their trailer, but also the construction.

https://www.armadillotrailers.net

Of course, given its size, it does not offer an interior bathroom but instead a Thetford portable toilet. Does anyone on this forum own an Armadillo? What do you think of them? (No use debating the portable toilet and outdoor shower as it is the only option.) I am interested in its trailering and quality of construction and materials. Thanks.
Cool! Nice find. Never heard of them. Like the little port hole window and the marine styling. Color selections are nice as is the ability to customize. After all, it's important to have some style!
Old 07-03-2017, 05:27 PM   #196

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernese Bunch View Post
Cool! Nice find. Never heard of them. Like the little port hole window and the marine styling. Color selections are nice as is the ability to customize. After all, it's important to have some style!
My wife has not seen this trailer yet as she had at first vetoed the portable toilet idea. But after all the "debate" on here over them and my reporting to her she has changed her mind about them. Also, we have an outdoor shower I built at our cabin in northern Michigan and after taking a couple of these this summer she is now hot for an outdoor shower on her trailer instead of the indoor one. So, we are evolving and perhaps even getting smaller in our footprint we leave. Still need more comments from actual owners. There are good videos on the Armadillo website. For those who do not know about these they are made from the old Boler and L'il Bigfoot molds.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:43 PM   #197

Delaware
Quote:
My wife has not seen this trailer yet as she had at first vetoed the portable toilet idea. But after all the "debate" on here over them and my reporting to her she has changed her mind about them. Also, we have an outdoor shower I built at our cabin in northern Michigan and after taking a couple of these this summer she is now hot for an outdoor shower on her trailer instead of the indoor one. So, we are evolving and perhaps even getting smaller in our footprint we leave. Still need more comments from actual owners. There are good videos on the Armadillo website. For those who do not know about these they are made from the old Boler and L'il Bigfoot molds.
Still good to have the back-up potty for those late night, rainy, gotta go times! I tent camp currently and bring a bucket of kitty litter so everything is a step up.:lout
Old 07-03-2017, 10:03 PM   #198

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Way too small for us, but I am impressed with the design based on the photos. Looks high end.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:38 PM   #199

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022 (was 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17)
Massachusetts
The Armadillo seems high on cuteness but smaller than I would like (then, our 17' Casita is feeling small these days, as the novelty wears off—it would be nice not to have a crawl-over-to-get-out bed!).

The porthole looks like it would be a bathroom window, but it ain't. Another large window, as on the sides, would provide a lot more light and scenery. That's one of the virtues of the Casita: small, but open.

/Mr Lynn

PS Hope you all are having a wonderful Independence Day, and have had the opportunity to reflect on the principles the Founders of this Republic left us.

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 03:40 PM   #200

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I want to know how much it costs to fix that storage tray on the bottom when you whack it on a rock or stump.

Tags
eggcamper, oliver, scamp 16, t@b