yet another Karen - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-11-2018, 08:35 PM   #1

Name: Karen
Trailer: Burro
Georgia
yet another Karen

Hi from Augusta Ga. We recently purchased a 1983 13ft Burro. Our original intent was to just find a camper light enough to pull with a Santa Fe sport. Well....we found the Burro outside of Atlanta in fairly decent condition or so we think... but there are a few things that need doing. We're in for a new floor and the windows leak some and we discovered a few screw holes that punctured the outside shell that will need patching... oh... and while were at it perhaps we'll give it a new paint job and of course it will need new ceiling/joint insulation/covering, fan/vent and cushions etc...needless to say we're very relieved to find such a great resource and community to help guide us through our project.

Karen and Chris
pot roast n kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:13 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Just a few things, eh?...

Yup, lots of great information and knowledgeable people here. If you haven't found it yet, the "Site Search/Google" option at the bottom of the Search menu is the best tool for pulling up old threads. Whatever the project, chances are someone has done it before. And of course, ask away.

In return, we love pictures...

Welcome, congratulations, and best wishes on your Burro rehab!
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:35 PM   #3

Name: Daniel
Trailer: Sold it
Northern VA
Welcome. I'm a recent owner of a Burro too that's in need of some work.

Archives here are pretty good. Lots of info to search.
Good luck!
Old 11-12-2018, 03:19 AM   #4

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Welcome Karen, I just replaced the vent on my 99 Casita with a max-air fan I got at Campers World and although it was a bit of a chore getting the wire under the insulation on the roof into the back cabinet it went in no problem. I built up the roof outside, with PVC flat stock so I could have the Max ceiling clearance on inside and it worked great. On my Boler back a few years I built down the ceiling and it took a while to learn to duck my head every time I go under it.
Good luck and welcome.

Wish I could post pictures but not being computer savy I have no luck.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:24 AM   #5

Name: Ross
Trailer: Trillium 4500
Colorado
Registry
Hi Karen and Chris, congrats on your new project!! It will be a nice challenge and gratifying project. I recommend in searching for info prior to attacking a task. I got through my project by searching for info and new ideas and then applying them as for our needs. I am attaching my complete overhaul documentation as reference if needed as a start point.
http://Www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=81003

Happy project.
Seaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:29 PM   #6

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
You can't beat the expertise and generousity here.

If you do want Plan B, search YouTube.
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:44 AM   #7

Name: Karen
Trailer: Burro
Georgia
Thanks for the welcome

Thanks everyone for the welcome and helpful advice and links to your projects. Loved seeing the paint hard to believe my dingy burro could ever look like that. We are in the process of stripping it down. Need to research adding photos adding a FB link dosn't seem very elegant but will try.
pot roast n kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 05:51 AM   #8

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
yet another Karen

Adding photos...

With FB you have to pay attention to your privacy settings. If it's set to "friends only" most of us won't be able to see them.

Probably best to leave it that way and upload your pictures here. On this site pictures can only be seen by members.

Here's how:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
You can directly upload images to a post or embed images that are hosted elsewhere.

To upload an image from your computer:
  • Click reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
  • Click "go advanced" add text to message window and then scroll down.
  • Click "Manage attachments" A separate window will pop up.
  • Click "browse" Then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 1600 x 1600 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
  • Click "Upload" After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
  • Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.

About attachment storage limits

When you upload a copy of an image file (or other attachment) it is stored on our servers. There are some restrictions on how much data can be stored.

Registered members are have unlimited storage space for images posted to threads and posts. We highly recommend that you reduce file sizes before uploading them to posts and threads however in consideration of those with slower internet connections.

How to embed an image stored on another site:
You can do this by using image tags. Upload the image to a service like imageshack and then copy the URL of the image and put that between [IMG] tags. That will work well, as long as the host site stays in business and doesn't disable your image for overuse of bandwidth etc.

You can also paste in the location of a photo stored here in a photo gallery.

To do this: Paste the url of the image into your post. Then add the following code on either side of the url (with no extra spaces):

[IMG]url here[/IMG]

The image will appear where the url was in your text.

We have an automated way to do all this - click on go advanced and then select the image icon from the tool bar in the reply editor. A box will pop up asking for the url of the image you want to embed. Fill out the box and post your reply.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 05:36 PM   #9

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Several years ago (has it really been over 5 years already?? ) I purchased my 83 Burro from Shane O who had just done a frame-off with rust proofing paint on the frame an a full floor replacement using 1/2" marine grade plywood with spray-on textured bedliner paint top bottom and edges. I still need to reseat and reseal the front window, do some 12 volt wiring, and replace the "headliner" carpet, but in the meanwhile I camp rough in the boonies, so I've been using it as-is ever since I got it. Works for me!

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote