1989 Casita - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2021, 09:58 AM   #1

Name: ethan
Trailer: casita
Georgia
1989 Casita

Hello I am looking at buying a 1989 Casita. Photos that were provided are attached https://imgur.com/a/pMtcSsg . The seller is asking 4k for the trailer and I was wondering if that is a good price. Also if there is anything specific I should look out for.

The seller says that the axle/undercarriage is rust free. That it tows fine. He said that he has not checked any of the appliances to see if the work (I am assuming they don't).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
ethans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 11:39 PM   #2

Name: CalCop
Trailer: Casita
California
Cool

I see lots of areas for potential water damage to the plywood floor. The area along the bathroom door and the closet area. The area around the sink and counter appears to be water damaged as well.
I'd take a hard inspection of this trailer before buying.
CalCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 06:33 AM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
$4000 in today's market is the price of a project that needs a lot of work. You will see Casitas that old going for $10,000 in pristine condition.

Your ability to carefully assess all aspects of the trailer, and do you have the time/tools/aptitude/covered work area to take this on?

It all starts with soft spots in the floor and inside lower cabinets. Open outside hatches and check there too.

Casita' bathtub design tends to hold water in and this water will rot the wood in the floor. This water comes from leaks. No leaks, no problem! In addition, Casita improved the floor design over the years. 1989 is prior to these improvements. Still that does not mean the floor is rotted and people repair rotten floors. Google repairing Casita floor rot fiberglass rv forum for some insight.

Newbies often think these molded fiberglass trailers are immune to wood rot. They are not. You just don't have the rot in walls and ceilings (OK, a few designs have that too).
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita