AAA Roadside Asst. Just Went South - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Money Matters
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-11-2021, 02:44 PM   #1

Name: sven
Trailer: Casita
FL
AAA Roadside Asst. Just Went South

Came with my renewal…
Attached Thumbnails
A3AEFC30-F2BF-4A44-B13C-89A163C8A903.jpg  
Attached Images

mosquito13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 03:14 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
What? Expanded to South America?
Old 12-12-2021, 01:12 PM   #3

Trailer: 2000 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
What is the alternative? I quit GoodSam many years ago due to the HUGE amount of junk mail the send.

--Dan Meyer
Dan Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 10:42 PM   #4

Name: Keith
Trailer: Scamp
Texas
Most auto insurance companies offer roadside assistance. Mine is always trying to sell it to me. I may need to check it out if aaa is limiting coverage.
Keith2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 08:48 AM   #5

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
I have the roadside assistance through Escapees. I have not had to use it yet so I can't speak about their service.
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 09:07 AM   #6

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Meyer View Post
What is the alternative? I quit GoodSam many years ago due to the HUGE amount of junk mail the send.

--Dan Meyer
Family Motor Coach Assn - great benefits, fantastic monthly magizine, and they are open to travel trailers now. They even have a campground at their headquarters in Cincinnati, Oh. https://www.fmca.com/
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 11:55 AM   #7

Name: mike
Trailer: CASITA
New York
I got good sams. for 1/2 the price. I have not had to use it so i cant comment on service.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 06:24 PM   #8

Name: Gigi
Trailer: 1972 Lovebug 1970 Eriba Puck 1991 Mallard Sprinter Class C
Minnesota & Arizona
I purchased the PlusRV for the Winnebago MH we had purchased. At that time-8 months ago-the policy allowed for tows up to 1000 miles. The benefit has been cut pretty dramatically based on this.

I used AAA twice and have not been impressed with the Arizona service. I added roadside service to my auto insurance policy and will drop AAA at renewal time.

I think the others listed would be a better purchase. I looked at Family Motorcoach after I had purchased AAA. It was a good policy.
Artist Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 01:31 PM   #9

Name: E.D.
Trailer: Coleman but looking to upgrade
CA
I have been a member of AAA for nearly 50 years and over the years have had great service, but the quality has definitely gone downhill. We have not ever used it for our trailer, but did have to use it when a clutch went out on interstate 5 on our car at an exit where it crossed a state highway. Put on endless long hold, then it became clear that the person helping us couldn't read a map. It took nearly 2 hours for the tow truck to arrive. We also have a policy through our insurance and got reimbursement for the longer miles from that and glad that we have that coverage. Our son tried calling AAA to change a flat tire from hitting a pothole last month in Seattle and the wait time was well over an hour. He ended up changing the tire himself. I always liked AAA because we had one number to call and they would dispatch help rapidly. That has changed.
Phil and E.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 02:31 PM   #10

Name: Steve
Trailer: Bigfoot
Arizona
AAA membership services are apparently not the same across regions. See the Arizona AAA Premier Membership Doesn't Include RV Coverage thread in General Chat.
Beeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 04:22 PM   #11

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
I dropped overpriced AAA service a while ago and went with Good Sam service. I can't compare - never used either one.
Old 06-06-2022, 02:49 PM   #12

Name: Mike
Trailer: In the Market
Alaska
AAA left me stranded overnight in a ditch. It was snowing and got down to 15F. I would rely not on them for anything. The only help they offered was to call 911 for me. Not renewing...
RollinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 03:15 PM   #13

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith2000 View Post
Most auto insurance companies offer roadside assistance. Mine is always trying to sell it to me. I may need to check it out if aaa is limiting coverage.
Be careful with that! If you have road coverage on your auto policy, any calls will show up as a "claim" on your auto policy, and if you happen to be considering switching auto insurance coverage it will be reported as a claim and considered.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 03:18 PM   #14

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
When I lived in OK and shopped for roadside assist, it was an extra cost add-on to get RV coverage through AAA. We got Good Sam isntead, since reviews were better and prices were cheaper.
Just checked for GA, where we now live, and AAA RV coverage is also extra cost here. I'm surprised they offer it as a free option anywhere.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 03:10 PM   #15

Name: Gigi
Trailer: 1972 Lovebug 1970 Eriba Puck 1991 Mallard Sprinter Class C
Minnesota & Arizona
AAA did come through, lots of hoops.

I had renewed my AAA policy and used it in Flagstaff, AZ. I was glad to have the RV Premier renewed as my Auto policy-after checking with for roadside assistance on all my vehicles-informed me my vehicle wasn't covered as it is over 25 years old.
Artist Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 03:52 PM   #16

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
Be careful which road side service you purchase. All have limits, some the number tows per year, some the distance they will tow you, some on where they will tow you to. Had my dead motorhome towed 150 miles to a Cummins dealer where it sat for over a month. Thank goodness I was towing my car behind the motorhome.
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote