AGI Financial trouble - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Money Matters
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-25-2009, 02:05 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Affinity Group (Good Sam, Camping World, Trailer Life, RV.net) financial trouble article Here
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:35 PM   #2

Trailer: 2008 Lil Bunk 18 ft / 1975 IH Scout II
My first suggestion is for AGI to get more selective on their mailings. The GOOD SPAM club has sent me dozens of mailings since AGI bought them out. Got 2 on the same day this week. I need a bigger shredder, so I can shred the unopened envelope, including the 2 temporary RV service plan cards.

If I have not responded by now, I just might be satisfied with AAA RV and Farmers Insurance (excellent service when the wind totaled our 5th wheel). I probably will let my GOOD SPAM membership lapse - AND get a couple of dozen renewal notices... sigh

Russ & Marian McLean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:52 PM   #3

Trailer: 2000 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Now that's terrible news. I am headed out in June and was waiting till just before then to purchase the Good Sam (That I joined a week ago) Road service plan because I have read on these forums that it was a good one. Now should I invest the $80 bucks into the plan or not? Anybody? Should I look at AAA RV, if they will cover tow vehicle and my little trailer, too.
John Hussey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:21 PM   #4

Trailer: LittleGuy Classic Teardrop ('Baby Osmo') (Previously 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe)
Tough call. Their being on the rocks is not good news, certainly, but it doesn't absolutely mean that folks with their ERS plan are out of luck. If it comes to a bankruptcy, some other travel club may purchase the ERS and continue the service. Or, they may not...

I have had the Camping World ERS plan (also Affinity) for several years now, and have been very pleased. I have had to use it twice, and both times it was quick, painless and free. I have no experience with other companies, but just from hearing scuttlebutt around, I opted for the Affinity plan over the competition. No regrets ... yet.
Mr. W. is offline   Reply With Quote