Bill of Sale - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2008, 03:07 PM   #1

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Every one should use a bill of sale when you sell something.

BILL OF SALE of MOTOR VEHICLE
AUTOMOBILE, Truck, RV or Motorcycle
(Sold "As-Is" without Warranty)
In the STATE OF _________- COUNTY OF ____________
Date _____/______/_200___Time ___:_____AM or PM
Total Sale Price $____________________________
WRITE THE AMOUNT IN WORDS:____________________________________________ ______________________
Down payment in cash $____________ Non Refundable
Balance Due $____________________ Balance due in 7 Days.
After 7 Days if balance is not received the VEHICLE can be sold to another buyer. NO Down Payment Will Be Refunded.
Make: _____________________________________
Model: _____________________________________
Body Type: _____________________________________
Year: __________________
Vehicle (VIN): _____________________________________
Odometer reading ___________________________________
DISCLAIMER OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES. THE BUYER TAKES THE VEHICLE "AS-IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO ITS CONDITION. THE BUYER HAS PERSONALLY INSPECTED THE VEHICLE AND ACCEPTS IT "AS-IS".
I DECLARE UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY THAT THE STATEMENTS HEREIN CONTAINED ARE TRUE AND CORRECT TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE AND BELIEF.
Seller:
Name:____________________
Address___________________

Buyer: Signature__________________
Printed Name:____________________
Phone # ______-_____-___________
Date _____/____/_200__
Time ____:_____AM or PM (circle)

Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:19 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I am not sure if all states do, but I am sure most of them have a stock BOS on their website which covers the specific details for their state.

I have printed out the California one for every vehicle I have sold here and also have had all my sellers fill one out for each trailer I have purchased. They also have a release of liability form that is on each title (If you have one) I suggest you fill it out, have both parties sign and get it in the certified mail THAT day, if possible.

I feel if it comes from the DMV that it is a bit more secure, or at least more credible in court, should any issues arise.

Of course, only an attorney or law organization can advise you for sure.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Washington also has a form to send in by the seller to report the sale so the registration is no longer in the seller's name (In WA, the plates go with the vehicle) and serves to release the seller for liability in the event the buyer does something he/she shouldn't...

http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistr...sfertitle.html

Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:04 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
For those that use Microsoft Word 97 or later, there's a template available for download:
Vehicle Bill of Sale. You'd have to modify as needed, but it's a good start and certainly better than nothing.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:44 PM   #5

Trailer: 84 Burro 13 ft
Also, do not fudge on the sale price to avoid paying a sales tax, use the actual sale amount. If you state a lower price and something goes wrong with the sale or title, you will be the person committing a fraud. Also a seller can essentially blackmail you if you purchase and do not state the full price.
Rusty01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:38 AM   #6

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
Also, for private sales, make sure the person your buying from is actual owner of vehicle.
I recently baught a landscape trailer, private deal, and trailers in Maine, under so many lbs, do not require a title to be issued.
Seller delivered trailer but forgot to bring documents....gave me bill of sale. and assured me he would send document.
When document arrived it was not his but the original buyer of trailer back in 2002.
I got in touch with him and said unless he can get this document signed over to him then from him to me...I would stop payment (luckely it was a long weekend).
He went BALISTIC on me saying he was not a thief and would not cheat me...
I then called the original seller and again he assured me "no title is needed for a trailer of this size" but I wanted some sort of document saying it was truely mine.
He said come down...a 30 mile trip and he signed it over to me on original document.
Do not think this was right for all he knew I stole it but now I got something saying I am true owner.
Gerry the canoebuilder
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:08 AM   #7

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Possesion is 9/10ths of the law...unless you don't have clear title!!! Then it's last person caught with the "GOODS" that gets arrested!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:37 AM   #8

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Always ask to see a driver license with a picture ID. Also have them give you their driver license when, they take anything for a test drive. Make sure the photo matchs the person. I had a friend who was selling a motorcycle. The guy took it for a test drive and never came back. His friend that was with him said he had to leave to get some smokes. He also never came back-------Bike GONE forever.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:04 AM   #9

Name: Roamin’
Trailer: 2018 13’ Scamp Standard, formerly had a 2005 13’ Scamp standard
New Hampshire
Working out a sale with a cash deposit

Hi, how exactly do you work the sale transaction using a deposit in a way that protects both parties? I'd much rather not have to do it this way, but I guess I should understand how it can work in case it comes up. I see that this BOS provides for a deposit, but I don't have the full picture.
Thank you everyone, as usual, FGRV is a wealth of information!
DogHaus is offline   Reply With Quote