Border crossing - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2011, 09:59 AM   #21

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft (was 2003 16 ft Scamp)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaenor View Post
When our friends and I crossed to the States a while back, they opened both our Boler 1300s for a quick peek (after asking what the heck they were!), and looked in the fridge, but I think the problem was that we brought fruit/veg. When we told him we had apples, he asked us what colour, then appeared to be trying to look them up (with no good result) In the end we pitched our apples, green onions and something else. My friend was totally frosted when we got to the Walmart in Montana and there were the exact brand of grapes they made her throw out! She remains bitter to this day. It took no more than 10 minutes, though, and the people were pleasant enough. Just don t bring any fruit or veg. But bring your own cheese, because ours is way more expensive up here!
Does anybody know what happens to the stuff they confiscate? Free lunch?
Chris Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #22

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyGee View Post
On another note any canadians going to the USA it is advisable to fill out a declaration form listing items of value you are taking with you ie) cameras, video cameras, tools etc. !
I keep scanned copies of all my sales slips for my camera gear and bikes etc on my laptop as well as a list on my phone of all the serial numbers etc and when/where purchased - never been asked but its handy to have if I do get asked or its stolen while traveling.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:09 PM   #23

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Z View Post
Does anybody know what happens to the stuff they confiscate? Free lunch?
When I worked at the border in Windsor Ontario( many years ago), I can attest to the fact that is was destroyed, I could have cried a few times when I saw all that good liquor going down the drain
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:48 PM   #24

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Crossing into Canada one time we were asked if we had any fresh fruit. We did. We had two apples and told the agent that we had them. He said "you are not allowed to bring fresh fruit into Canada. When you get to where you're going, throw them away." When we got to where we were going, we threw them away...into our stomachs.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote