Buyer needs help! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Money Matters
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-29-2022, 09:30 PM   #1

Name: Liz
Trailer: In the market
California
Buyer needs help!

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for a 2016 casita independence deluxe. I’ve seen some range in pricing from $20,000 -28,000. Some seem to have all the upgrades, some with a few extras, and some just have them in good condition no extras. Are some upgrades really worth that much? And how can I tell the difference? It will be my first one and I don’t want to over spend. Any info helps, thanks!
Imnotarobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 10:55 PM   #2

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnotarobot View Post
Hi everyone,

I’m looking for a 2016 casita independence deluxe. I’ve seen some range in pricing from $20,000 -28,000. Some seem to have all the upgrades, some with a few extras, and some just have them in good condition no extras. Are some upgrades really worth that much? And how can I tell the difference? It will be my first one and I don’t want to over spend. Any info helps, thanks!
Upgrades worth the cost is up to you. Some people will say that a furnace is not worth it but I say always get it. Would you ever camp when it is cold like in May or September. That is how you determine its worth. Not everyone likes the same things. I wished we would've gotten the bigger water tanks but they weren't available when we got ours. I wished we could have gotten 15 inch tires but they weren't available. Go through the checklist and put a value on what you want and need.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 02:14 AM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: I started with a 2010 Casita Spirit Deluxe.I now have a 2015, Dynamax DX3-37RV Super-C diesel puller
Box Elder, SD (formerly of Long Island, NY)
Back in 2010, when I ordered my Spirit Deluxe, I took MOST of the options. I wanted to order the linoleum flooring instead of the "standard" carpeting. My salesman strongly recommended against it so, I followed his advice and regretted it. The same thing happened withe the extra vent fan (behind the fridge). Other than those two items, I was VERY happy that I ordered most of the options. Two years later, I spent a week at Little House Customs and had even more mods done. In 2014, I "Graduated" to a 2015 Dynamax TRUE Super-C Diesel puller which I've been full timing in since 2018. All in all, that little "egg" was a GREAT way to get started as an RVer and, I recommend going that route to anybody who asks. Eileen Glick is a long time Casita owner who has written a book about Casitas (and applies to MANY other fiberglass "egg" trailers). Check Eileen's website Love My Casita . The book is "Casita Travel Trailers A - To - Z Owner's Guide".

Bottom line; Casitas are hard to come by and, because fiberglass "egg" trailers are generally built better than "traditional" trailers, they hold their value. Get what you can. Live in it and use it as much as possible. You'll soon learn what you'r really LIKE to have and what you really NEED. Attend "egg" rallies. Take the" RV Boot Camp" weekend offered by the Escapees RV Club. Start slowly but do START! Knowledgeable folks here are happy to help "newbies". WELCOME!
FlyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 05:58 AM   #4

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
IMO, the overall condition of the trailer would be of primary importance, with a couple of cautions. Lack of factory A/C or furnace should significantly reduce the price. Microwave or awning, not so much. A Lithium battery conversion would be worth paying extra, other owner "mods" probably not. All that said, you are unlikely to have many choices. Get your $ ready and be prepared to act fast.
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 02:26 PM   #5

Name: Mike
Trailer: In the Market
Alaska
The casita furnace is loud. A diesel heater would be ideal. The bigger fridge is nice. You don't need the weight distribution hitch if you use a real tow vehicle. What options are you talking about? A/C? Solar? Almost everything but the fridge can be done later. You will have to battle to even find a Casita to buy especially in the middle of summer camping season.
RollinMike is offline   Reply With Quote