Do I need a Vin? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2016, 03:26 PM   #21

Name: Nicole
Trailer: Eco
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
Excellent suggestion, and it's my understanding that it's perfectly legal.

Years ago I bought a boat out of state and had to take the boat trailer to the Washington State Patrol for an inspection. The officer matched the
number on the trailer to the title and then, he told me that boat trailers are one of the most frequently stolen "vehicles" . The officer suggested I stamp the VIN number on the trailer in as many places as possible to discourage thieves. I've always followed his advice.
It already has the serial number on it.
BrowningSchubarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 03:28 PM   #22

Name: Nicole
Trailer: Eco
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennifer View Post
Your problem is that the title has a blank spot where the VIN is. That's the issue. If the previous state had put the serial #in where the vin goes, there would be no issue. But....the people who work at the DMV are very exact rule bound in my experience...with my scamp I had to drive back 25 minutes to the scale operator and get the weight entered on a slightly different form than they had given me to get it registered. :/

Really, doing the replacement VIN isn't much more work than a standard out of state titling of s trailer....some help that isn't listed on the forms....you need to do the weight FIRST, THEN go to the state patrol for the "VIN inspection" they make you do, THEN the DMV. If your DMV has decent lines unlike weld county (3 hours!!), you might talk to them first to get the exact forms....
It is from Co. So, I don't need any out of state work. I have a serial number on the tongue but no vin.
BrowningSchubarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 05:19 PM   #23

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningSchubarth View Post
It is from Co. So, I don't need any out of state work. I have a serial number on the tongue but no vin.
Post 13, the serial # is your VIN, that's how it was done for the age of your TT.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 05:32 PM   #24

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 13'
Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningSchubarth View Post
Oh, huh. With having problems, I assumed it was an out of state title. If the title is already a Colorado title, there shouldn't be a problem...Have you tried taking it in? Go to a different office in your county if you did...our scamp has just a serial on the tongue and it is it's VIN also by default...we registered an old pop up turned into utility from a co title that had only a serial number with no issues-not sure if the serial was typed into the VIN space, though. Still seems like that may have been where the original registration went wrong and what is causing you problems, if you've been in and had problems.
Zennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 05:33 PM   #25

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 13'
Colorado
Registry
And the way to get a VINis jyst what I described above.
Zennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 05:35 PM   #26

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
Floyd what is a welders stamp set?

thanks

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:34 PM   #27

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I'm not Floyd, but this is a stamp set. Alpha and numerics. $10-$23 at Harbor Freight, Steel stamp set designed to withstand up to 9000 strikes
Attached Thumbnails
~Capture.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:57 PM   #28
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I'm not Floyd, but this is a stamp set. Alpha and numerics. $10-$23 at Harbor Freight, Steel stamp set designed to withstand up to 9000 strikes
Use a really big hammer and set the punch on a platform to strike it really hard. You don't want a fuzzy VIN stamped into metal.

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:22 PM   #29

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
We do not want to send people on paths for a solution based on assumptions when it is very easy to do an internet search to locate the information that states exactly what they need to be doing.

Not everyone knows that all the states and provinces have this information posted online so therefore it is not surprising to see this VIN number issue being frequently asked in postings. But the moderators and regular readers of this forum can pass the information along that these procedures which they will need to follow are available online. All that is needed to find the official instructions are to use as keywords which include the name of the state or province and the words "VIN replacement number trailer".
I'm assuming you have one of these?
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:32 PM   #30

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
I'm assuming you have one of these?
I do know what that means...it is very easy to find the meanings of things on the internet including slang. Just so others understand what you posted regarding me and that it is a violation of policy in this forum here it is.....
https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...20His%20Pocket
Interchangeable with 'stick up his ass'. Figurative statement meaning irritable or stuck up.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:44 PM   #31

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I thought that was a reference to me suggesting people go to the source instead of asking people here what their guess is.
Where do I get that toad?
Old 10-25-2017, 10:21 PM   #32

Registry
KC; Apparently you don't know what it means!

It was a simple reference to an old colloquialism ...
"Who's we? You got a frog in your pocket?"
It means you should speak for yourself and not make assumptions as to what I think.
It was intended as friendly chastisement only.
I don't read the urban dictionary and certainly would never give it any credibility!
Old 10-25-2017, 10:33 PM   #33

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I thought that was a reference to me suggesting people go to the source instead of asking people here what their guess is.
Where do I get that toad?
Thanks Glenn!
Old 10-26-2017, 06:45 AM   #34

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Got a Toad In Your Pocket? Boy, does that bring back childhood memories. My Dad would say that to me every time I'd say... Everybody says...

What a hoot! Thanks for the trip down memory lane Floyd.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:31 PM   #35

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
I am not the one who is confused here...you simply have the wrong animal. The one used for people who say "we" when it is only them around is not "you got a frog in your pocket?", it is "you got a mouse in your pocket?" And that says a lot about memory doesn't it?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...ur%20pocket%3F
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vin