Getting ready to order a Lil Snoozy - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Money Matters
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-19-2011, 04:14 AM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Getting ready to order a Lil Snoozy

I'm putting in my order for a lil snoozy. Anyone out there have a lil snoozy already?? any advice on extras to order?? What did the pocono rally people think of the lil snoozy??

I just sold my 16 foot scamp. I dearly loved the scamp, but hate that they never upgrade and fix some of the known problems with their trailers. Scamp -- why can't you get rid of all the rivets?? Those little caps over the rivets don't age well, what a pain.... I also wish there was better storage in the scamp, wish the front door fit the scamp better.

I've been searching for awhile, wanting to upgrade my fiberglass trailer. Just want a trailer that will last and last, and has less maintenance to take care of

ruth
Ruth G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:49 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Congratulations! Lucky girl!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:32 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Or the infamous scamp door gap at the bottom. They sure sell fast and hold their value though. Well, we need a snoozy owner here so it sounds like you may have to take the lead and be the first one so we can harass you with a ton of questions about it ha ha. I sure like that they have no wood in the floor. Keep us posted on the buying process and how it all goes for you. We would love to hear.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:36 AM   #4

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
I poked around in Lil' Snoozy at the Midatlantic Egg Fest, and BOY OH BOY what a nice trailer. Keeping in mind I am no expert! those guys have put together a really thoughtful design. I love the flip-up kitchen window, I love the giant bed, I love the easy-to-get-to front outside-access storage compartment.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:44 AM   #5

Jen, so when you touch the walls, they are white foam with no vinyl, is that correct? Is the floor bare fiberglass like a boat deck or did it have carpet laid down? Did it have a tv on that counter top wall that has no window? Thanks.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:47 AM   #6

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Lil Snoozy was at the Poconos rally this past weekend and I went thru it thoroughly. First off, if you want any propane, he will install but you will need to make the final connection. In other words he will pipe everything and bring the hose to the tongue, but you will need to connect it to your own tank. His insurance does not allow propane connections. If you want all electric, there is no issue. The frame is galvanized, a plus because it will not rust. Disc brakes, a plus. Surge or electric brakes, depends if you have a controller. Huge back door with screen, cassette toilet is real nice, you can empty it in a restroom toilet. The walls/floor are about 3/4" thick with foam, maybe R-9
side window opens out, nice wood work finish, leather sofa and queen size bed. There is also a large storage area under the bed, accessible from both inside and outside. Discount is still available as 25 have not been sold.
Options I would want, another window opposite the dinette, another window by bed, window in bath for ventilation. Awning is definitely needed, side or back of both.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:49 AM   #7

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Jen, so when you touch the walls, they are white foam with no vinyl, is that correct? Is the floor bare fiberglass like a boat deck or did it have carpet laid down? Did it have a tv on that counter top wall that has no window? Thanks.
Vinyl floors, you can put down your own carpet, no tv, it is an option, I'd rather have another window which can be had. Walls are white, real neat electrical set up which you can see in one of the rally pictures.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:50 AM   #8

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
I think Jim answered most of those questions, but about the floor, Nick had a vinyl flooring laid down.

Come to think of it, a bed-area window would definitely be nice.

There was no TV installed - I am guessing you would supply your own. You could get an additional window there, alternatively, if I remember correctly.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:54 AM   #9

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Just keep the frame away from winter road salt.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #10

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
Just keep the frame away from winter road salt.
I think that is true all the time!!
Old 07-19-2011, 10:13 AM   #11

Name: Maggie
Trailer: 1978 Boler 13'
Ontario
Pics when you get one please
Yamaha_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:24 AM   #12

Ken C- Frrom what I have read, bear in mind I have not seen one in person, the inside walls are fiberglass gel coat. The entire structure is a foam core fiberglass sandwich. So no exposed foam. Please feel free to correct me, those with first hand experience, if I am wrong.
MillerK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:35 AM   #13

Pennsylvania
Registry
There are some pictures under the Rally section. The cross section I saw had the exterior gel coat and interior wall covering with a 3/4" foam core sandwiched in between. There is no wood or aluminum frame inside the walls. All the interior finished wood is free standing and attached to the floor vs rivets thru the walls or screws to framing. Because the compressor is outside, all noise and the water remains outside.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:35 PM   #14

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Sent in deposit

Well, I broke down and mailed my deposit for the lil snoozy today. Will post pictures and thoughts when I get it.

I started a yahoo group for people interested in the lil snoozy, to share thoughts if anyone is interested in joining.

Can't wait......
Ruth G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #15

Pennsylvania
Registry
Congrats, Do you have a name for it? Were you one of the first 25 to receive your discount?
Old 07-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #16

Well, congrats! and thanks for keeping us posted
Old 07-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #17

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
What date do you get it?
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #18

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth G View Post
I'm putting in my order for a lil snoozy. Anyone out there have a lil snoozy already?? any advice on extras to order?? What did the pocono rally people think of the lil snoozy??

I just sold my 16 foot scamp. I dearly loved the scamp, but hate that they never upgrade and fix some of the known problems with their trailers. Scamp -- why can't you get rid of all the rivets?? Those little caps over the rivets don't age well, what a pain.... I also wish there was better storage in the Scamp, wish the front door fit the scamp better.

I've been searching for awhile, wanting to upgrade my fiberglass trailer. Just want a trailer that will last and last, and has less maintenance to take care of

ruth
The Li'l Snoozy looks like a nice trailer, and it is fair to compare it to the 16 Scamp, although I don't see $15 and 15minutes work every four years fairly characterized as "What a pain". and that's only if you store it outside in the elements.
BTW; they don't assemble the deluxe with rivets.
After changing the door gasket and latch on my Scamp, the door fits and seals beautifully and has for seven years.[Scamp now offers that gasket design aftermarket.]
During the honeymoon you see your mate as flawless.
During the divorce you see your mate as nothing but flaws.

Later you may see some of the imperfections in the Li'l Snoozy and look back with nostalgia on some of the virtues of the Scamp.

Best of luck on your next "trailer honeymoon" and I sincerely hope you still like it after seven years as much as we still like our Scamp. [No seven year itch here!]

Having owned several Scamps which were more than a quarter century old, I think that they have demonstrated their ability to "last and last".
Given time, your Li'l Snoozy may just prove itself as well.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #19

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Disc brakes, a plus. Surge or electric brakes, depends if you have a controller.
hi, Jim

I don't understand the surge-vs.-electric-brakes buyer's choice part of the above- It's my understanding that surge brakes don't know the difference between stopping and backing up. Do Snoozy's brakes come set up with the free-backing mechanism that releases the brakes when backing?
Or does a buyer have to wire a release solenoid in to the TV?

thanks!

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:03 PM   #20

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
hi, Jim

I don't understand the surge-vs.-electric-brakes buyer's choice part of the above- It's my understanding that surge brakes don't know the difference between stopping and backing up. Do Snoozy's brakes come set up with the free-backing mechanism that releases the brakes when backing?
Or does a buyer have to wire a release solenoid in to the TV?

thanks!

Francesca
All the UHaul trailers have surge brakes. Think about it, if you wanted to rent a trailer, how many people out there have brake controller for electric brakes. Surge brakes work but in a different way. The T@b's have surge brakes. They have been in operation for years with success. Electric brakes need to have a brake controller. I think you can order either one on Snoozy. Without researching surge brakes, I think all you do is back up 2 feet to release them and drive away. If you can not tell that the brakes are on then that is something else. I also think that surge brakes give you an emergency brake option, something the electric does not. There are trade off's in everything we do.