How to make financial arrangements long distance - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Money Matters
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-29-2008, 04:40 PM   #1

Trailer: 77 Scamp
Hello all quick question, I just makde a verbal transaction for the purchase of a snowed in Scamp(yea!) I am 5 hours away and the trailer may or may not be snowed in for the next few weeks. I want to ensure I get the trailer and I have friends willing to do the cash transaction/title trade. What would you do? partial deposit no title..full cash payment get the title...hope the guy doesn't leave town with my trailer until I can get back to it..? Let me know what you did or any suggestion you have to offer.
Thank you Brandy soon to be scamp owner
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:25 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
[b]I want to ensure I get the trailer and I have friends willing to do the cash transaction/title trade. What would you do?
If it were me, I'd do a full cash transaction and get the title, if I were that certain that I wanted THIS trailer.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:05 PM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Well--- right now it is for sure snowed in...... and if it is parked in his yard (in Spokane) and he has no snow plow or snow blower, it's there for a while..... And the way the pass is..... Is there a way for you have taken somewhere you feel comfortable with? (too bad I'm over a 100 miles away...besides the snow is over a foot deep at my shop, too) Larry
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:32 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Impressions are worth a lot. If you had someone look at the trailer, what was his/her impression of the seller? Slimey, good guy? What is the seller willing to settle for? Can you open a trust account in his/her bank? Maybe have a third-party (whomever looked at the trailer) exchange the cash and get the title?
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:33 PM   #5

*Update*
Well here is a big leap of faith..I called an ex- boyfriends, nieces husband....
Someone I haven't seen in years and asked if I could deposit money into his account and could he go pay the guy. **pins and needles waiting for him to tell me the deal is done*** My friend went so far as to offer to tow it to his wifes grandmothers house who is currently in a nursing home..yikes are you getting all this. Anyhow I am now the proud owner of a Scamp I have only seen in photos and trusting the word of Rusty (found on the forum) who went out of the way to give me the thumbs up and who said if I didn't buy it she would . So there you have it. Brandy
Old 01-30-2008, 06:57 PM   #6

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hooray for you, Brandy! Congrats on having the courage to take 'the leap' and resources to find willing and able 'accomplices'. We wish you safe travels and many, happy Scamping memories! Perhaps our travel paths will pass down the road. Take care, L 'n D
Old 01-30-2008, 11:08 PM   #7

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
..I called an ex- boyfriends, nieces husband....
Someone I haven't seen in years and asked if I could deposit money into his account and could he go pay the guy. .....to tow it to his wifes grandmothers house who is currently in a nursing home..yikes
YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!

I need a martini!!!

p.s. Brandy...change your personal info, now that you are the owner of "glass"!
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:06 AM   #8

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Brandy. Hopefully the snow will melt and we will all get to see your new addition at one of the events in the northwest this spring.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:10 AM   #9

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Exclamation

Quote:
*Update*
...I called an ex- boyfriends, nieces husband...
...his wifes grandmothers house who is currently in a nursing home...
Are we playing "6 degrees of Kevin Bacon?"
Old 01-31-2008, 07:24 AM   #10

Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Sometimes, you just have to take a deep breath and go for it... Congratulations.
Cam A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:57 AM   #11

Well I will be able to showcase the new beauty in May at the rally in Canada, I can't wait to see what others have done on the insides as I have only seen 1 Fiberglass RV, a fabulous Trillium with a beach theme which will be two doors down from me as well, come by and celebrate..me thinks the theme will eventually be "Reel good Times" as I like to Fly Fish. But with the current plaid decor with yellow tassled curtains I am just going to have to sit back and see if it doesn't grow on me for awhile. Thanks for all the support Cheers Brandy
Attached Images