L’air Trillium quality issues! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2022, 05:59 PM   #1

Name: Robert
Trailer: L’air Trillium 1300 on order
Ontario
L’air Trillium quality issues!

Folks,
Lucky or not so much lucky owners (less then 20) are facing multiple issues with new builts from L’air Camper Company who makes Trilliums remakes.
One customer did returned trailer, so many issues.
There is problems basically with everything.
Ensolite falling off in several places. As per owner : he cannot use good adhesive because is prohibited for use in a factory! What this means? At some point we have to replace whole ensolite adhesive?
I’m speechless!
Loose electrical connectors, water leaks,bunk bed system not working,fridge not secured.
And much more!
People they are from far away getting trailers fixed and sending him bills!
Others waiting for him to respond for warranty repairs.
Just speechless
sliwka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 06:34 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Another Trillium tale of trouble. Why do all the attempts to revive this model seem so difficult?

Are you one of the buyers? Is there an owners’ group? Just curious where all this is coming out.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 07:55 AM   #3

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
Sorry to hear it. Hopefully you didn't put down a large deposit.
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 08:44 AM   #4

Ontario
L’air issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Anothe Trillium tale of trouble. Why do all the attempts to revive this model seem so difficult?

Are you one of the buyers? Is there an owners’ group? Just curious where all this is coming out.
I’m a buyer. I damped $6300 into it.
No trailer, refused deposit back.
There is a fb group, but once you post some truths you get kicked out. I suspect one of the moderator is the owner of L’air Trillium.
Only 18-19 trailers since 2019 produced so far.
One for sure returned being a lemon.
I guess making a camper is more difficult to make than a swimming pool liner , even you have well design product from ‘70s.
I understand covid times, but now everything is back to almost normal. The owner knows his capabilities and still he is giving new customers 4-5 months delivery date.
This should be criminal!
Old 09-07-2022, 11:02 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
I saw those posts on the ensolite and am completely dismayed by it ,my 76 trillium is one of the first 4500 built and the ensolite is almost perfect.so the glue excuse is just an excuse for not using the correct product
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 12:08 PM   #6

Ontario
L’air quality problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
I saw those posts on the ensolite and am completely dismayed by it ,my 76 trillium is one of the first 4500 built and the ensolite is almost perfect.so the glue excuse is just an excuse for not using the correct product
I have ‘76 4500 as well and ensolite is as new.
I wish I had all that infos before deposit was placed in january 2022.At that point he released only demo trailer and no reviews where available.
Only crazy person will buy knowing all about his lies and quality issues.
I wouldn’t for sure.
Old 09-08-2022, 06:34 AM   #7
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Another Trillium tale of trouble. Why do all the attempts to revive this model seem so difficult?
I would suggest this is not limited to Trilliums. At Scamp they have people to build the trailers, people to sell the trailers, people who order parts, and people to deliver the trailers. Parkliner , Snoozy, and even Trilliumrv all had limited funds, and small staff doing many jobs. Perhaps even Trillium Outback could be included in the the group. And all it takes is one part back ordered to slow production and cash flow. I understand Snoozy is back and there are two sets of Parkliner molds so I expect more restarts. I'm guessing that people possessing the molds under estimate what building actual trailers involves. I feel for the folks who are victims in these failures and I count myself lucky that I got a trailer before Trilliumrv folded.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 06:52 AM   #8

Ontario
L’air issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
I would suggest this is not limited to Trilliums. At Scamp they have people to build the trailers, people to sell the trailers, people who order parts, and people to deliver the trailers. Parkliner , Snoozy, and even Trilliumrv all had limited funds, and small staff doing many jobs. Perhaps even Trillium Outback could be included in the the group. And all it takes is one part back ordered to slow production and cash flow. I understand Snoozy is back and there are two sets of Parkliner molds so I expect more restarts. I'm guessing that people possessing the molds under estimate what building actual trailers involves. I feel for the folks who are victims in these failures and I count myself lucky that I got a trailer before Trilliumrv folded.
I only partially agree to it.
L’air Trillium owner purposely giving people false impression and information just to grab hefty deposits.
I went with my wife and 2 small children to his factory and knowing we are recovering from difficulties after covid I asked few times about delivery date.
At that point NONE of his trailers where produced!
He knew what he is capable or not.
On top of it his excuses are just embarrassing for him.My 6 years old make more sens.
One week he send an email to customers that he cannot predict anything, next week he gave a quote with 4-5 months delivery date to new customer.
‘Money would flow again’
I made lots of arrangements like salling our 2 years old tent trailer and our beloved audi convertible (winter time loosing some $$$) just to be ready to pay in full for that trailer.
And now on top of this all the issues.
He should stick to his pool liners.
Old 09-08-2022, 07:11 AM   #9

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
No argument. I was just remarking on the number of failed or failing attempts to revive the Trillium in particular. Great West, Sidekick, L’air, and yes, Outback has been holding on by a thread with lots of broken promises.

I contrast it with Armadillo and Happier Camper, both of which accomplished a well-managed roll-out and subsequent expansion and appear to have reached long-term sustainability.

Parkliner has gone quiet, with two sets of molds in different hands. Snoozy is on round two and facing strong headwinds.

I agree that building molded fiberglass trailers is harder than most people realize. The Trillium design has had more than its share of false starts.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium