potential sale of burro trailer pennsylvania - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2013, 09:15 AM   #21

Trailer: Bigfoot 21.5 ft (25B21RB)
In addition to Donna's list of cleaners, a very effective scouring powder is Bar Keepers Friend. It can be found in many grocery stores, as well as Lowes or Home Depot. I have used it many times for scrubbing out very stubborn, embedded, tree sap stains and squashed bugs.
David and Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #22

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
You shouldn't need to use any abrasive cleaner (BKF, Ajax, Bon Ami) on the interior. PA or Maine? Higher population density? PA. Higher per capita income? Southeastern PA. I lean toward PA providing the better buyer pool for those reasons.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #23

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
If you clean up the outside with BKF and maybe some TSP, then hit it with floor wax like Red Max Pro or Zep Wet Look, you'll make about $100 an hour for your time.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #24

Name: Rich
Trailer: Burro
Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
You shouldn't need to use any abrasive cleaner (BKF, Ajax, Bon Ami) on the interior. PA or Maine? Higher population density? PA. Higher per capita income? Southeastern PA. I lean toward PA providing the better buyer pool for those reasons.

jack
Yeah I think you are right. Plus until it sells I can always use it as a place to sleep when visiting my parents until other digs are setup.
ihwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihwild View Post
Yeah I think you are right. Plus until it sells I can always use it as a place to sleep when visiting my parents until other digs are setup.
Be careful, you may end up loving it like we do ours.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #26

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
Be careful, you may end up loving it like we do ours.
Tom is right, these all molded towables are addictive. You may wonder... what in the 'EL was I thinking about when considering selling this terrific trailer!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #27

Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Tom is right, these all molded towables are addictive. You may wonder... what in the 'EL was I thinking about when considering selling this terrific trailer!
Well I did say potential sale. But to be honest what I'm thinking is why am I keeping this trailer and doing nothing with it? I could bring it with me but some duty stations with the Coast Guard I'd end up spending more on storage fees and I'm not sure I could full time in one with two adults, two kids, a dog and two cats even if I did get stationed down south somewhere.
So it might be better off selling it. Who knows what the future may hold but the likely hood is I'm not done in the Coast Guard for at least another 5 years.
rich
Old 05-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #28

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Rich, You could always just post it here, and fiberglassrvforsale AS IS.........

Of course the sale price should reflect a, as is condition. But if it would save you the hassle of dealing with it, believe me there are plenty of buyers looking for a good deal. I hope you get multi offers getting you extra cash as well as saving you time and energy fixing/cleaning it up! Good Luck to you which ever you end up doing........
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:05 AM   #29

Name: bill
Tennessee
If you decide to sell it, I am interested. I've been looking around the forums for awhile and would like a solid bones camper to redo. This one looks promising (at a fair price). Please post/send pics when available.

Bill
billhenry58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:16 AM   #30

Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by billhenry58 View Post
If you decide to sell it, I am interested. I've been looking around the forums for awhile and would like a solid bones camper to redo. This one looks promising (at a fair price). Please post/send pics when available.

Bill
Ok will do. I'm going to look at it hopefully within the next month. I am 400 miles away from it.

Rich
Old 06-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #31

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
ihwild,

I feel like the one other factor you really need to check to determine whether it's a simple renovation or a a full off-the-frame rebuild is the condition of the floor. Some of these vintage Burros suffered some slight leaks that could lead to big floor rot between the layers of fiberglass. My thirteen foot '83 was one such victim and required complete replacement of all floor panels. With the shell off to do that, repair and reinforcement of the frame would be a simple matter. I don't have any experience with the seventeen footer, but it will almost surely have idiosyncrasies that parallel the thirteens, so I feel confident with my "predictions." If I knew then what I know now, I might have looked for the longer one... my 13 is so small I sometimes have to step outside just to change my mind!

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:58 AM   #32

Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
ihwild,

I feel like the one other factor you really need to check to determine whether it's a simple renovation or a a full off-the-frame rebuild is the condition of the floor. Some of these vintage Burros suffered some slight leaks that could lead to big floor rot between the layers of fiberglass. My thirteen foot '83 was one such victim and required complete replacement of all floor panels. With the shell off to do that, repair and reinforcement of the frame would be a simple matter. I don't have any experience with the seventeen footer, but it will almost surely have idiosyncrasies that parallel the thirteens, so I feel confident with my "predictions." If I knew then what I know now, I might have looked for the longer one... my 13 is so small I sometimes have to step outside just to change my mind!

Froggie
How do you check for rotting wood when it is sandwiched between fiberglass? I'll look just not sure how to.

Rich
Old 06-02-2013, 06:28 AM   #33

Quote:
How do you check for rotting wood when it is sandwiched between fiberglass? I'll look just not sure how to.

Rich
The fiberglass layer is thin enough so that if you push hard in a local spot, the punky wood will compress.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:46 AM   #34

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
What Tom said!

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #35

Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
What Tom said!

Froggie
Ok thanks. I'll double check that when I get down there.
What does one do to redo that section if it is rotted? I'll have to search the forums for some of this stuff later on when I have more time.

Rich
Old 06-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #36

Quote:
Ok thanks. I'll double check that when I get down there.
What does one do to redo that section if it is rotted? I'll have to search the forums for some of this stuff later on when I have more time.

Rich
If the rotted area is local, you can dry it out and saturate it with a thin resin like Git-Rot.

If the area is large, you will need to replace that section of the floor.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #37

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Rich,
Rather than putting time and money into it, you might also find someone interested in rehabbing it themselves. Just disclose what you know, and let them inspect/purchase it if they're interested. Many people in this fiberglass forum are not worried about rebuilding a camper to their needs. Might be simpler for you that way also.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:25 AM   #38

Trailer: Scamp Custom Deluxe 19 ft 5th Wheel
Good Morning ~ I would like to speak with you about the Burro. NaturesAntiques@gmail.com Please e-mail me and we can exchange phone numbers. I am nearby and would like to see it - Many thanks. Maureen
Maureen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:06 AM   #39

Trailer: Scamp Custom Deluxe 19 ft 5th Wheel
Good Morning ~ May I go see your Burro? I have a few days off and can make a plan to see it before I am back to work. My e mail address is NaturesAntiques@gmail.com I'm close by, Thank you. Maureen
Maureen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #40

Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen S View Post
Good Morning ~ May I go see your Burro? I have a few days off and can make a plan to see it before I am back to work. My e mail address is NaturesAntiques@gmail.com I'm close by, Thank you. Maureen
I'll have to check and see if my dad is home, he should be able to bring it up front so that it would be easier to look at. Didn't notice your message until now. Got off work and came home then just fell asleep. How far away are you and what day might be best for you?

Rich

Tags
burro