Scamp price - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2021, 06:50 AM   #1

Name: TEnnessee
Trailer: Scamp
Tennessee
Scamp price

I’m thinking of selling my 13ft 2005 scamp due to some upcoming unforeseen medical expenses. I haven’t owned it long and paid $8500 for it. It’s been under cover. It has a toilet but no shower. Heater but no AC. I traveled 6 hours to but it.

After camping 2 nights found out there was a undisclosed leak under back window and seal under sealand toilet flusher leaks.(I haven’t used it). I was informed the bearings were done in the last 5 years but does need tires. What would be a good price with these issues disclosed?.
TNScamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:53 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
The $64 question is whether there’s damage to the subfloor due to either of the leaks. There almost always is. Look and probe closely from inside and underneath and let us know what you find.

Kudos to you for your readiness to disclose the issues. That kind of integrity is sadly rare. I wish you well, both with the sale and with your health issues. I hope you find better times ahead.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:42 AM   #3

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Fast sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNScamp View Post
I’m thinking of selling my 13ft 2005 scamp due to some upcoming unforeseen medical expenses. I haven’t owned it long and paid $8500 for it. It’s been under cover. It has a toilet but no shower. Heater but no AC. I traveled 6 hours to but it. .
Another failure caused by that leak is the table mount against the wall. (Check the window weep holes.) If that is still solid, I'd bet that the floor is OK as well. Both are easy to check. With a one year wait to get a new one, it should sell fast.
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 01:55 PM   #4

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
I think you should be able to recoup what you paid. You need to thoroughly inspect damage first. The less the better obviously. Full and complete disclosure and you will sleep well at night!
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 11:37 AM   #5

Trailer: 1972 Boler American
Registry
A 2005 Scamp in any reasonable condition for your asking price is fair to really good. I have a completely restored 1972 boler with no appliances or bunk (all counter top and dresser instead) No toilet. so basically a closet and bedroom. I would not sell for less than $15,000 and would not sell anyway. That being said. If the floor is damaged it can be fixed without too much cost depending on damage. The rear window sill can also be fixed not inexpensively but for a reasonable amount. The window gasket is not too expensive about $60.00. If you have not looked try to find a place that repairs fiber glass boats. The construction is the same. Take it to them to look at they may be amenable to doing the work after they visualize what they have to do. good luck
Marty Smiltneek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp