What is a reasonable discount on a used Casita? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Money Matters
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-30-2015, 12:23 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Another issue to keep an eye on is the amount of play in the hitch receiver. I hammered a wedge into my receiver ( it was meant to fix an axe head on a wooden handle ) to reduce how much the box could move over those bumps in the road.
I check it out from time to time to make sure welds are holding and no cracks are developing.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:09 AM   #22

Name: Robert
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpfick View Post
We bought an '02 Scamp with an extremely similar setup on the back. I took off what I could and carried it home in the back of the truck. What remained, upon arriving home, was unbolted and/or cut off with a torch. To each his own but that Scamp had 200+ pounds of hitch/carrier assembly back there even before anything was put into the carrier.

Gone. But that's just me. Sold it all on Craigs and got rid of it, reducing the price of the trailer by a few hundred bucks. Again, to each his own.

Otherwise, Congratulations on a very, very fine trailer. Enjoy and use it in good health.
Indeed if I knew that the only vehicle I'd ever tow this with would be a pickup truck, I could do without the storage in the back. We might pull with an SUV and I don't want generator gasoline, charcoal / dirty BBQ pits and such in the back of an enclosed vehicle or the trailer. That's why I'm going to keep this arrangement for awhile and see how it works.
45er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:18 PM   #23

Name: Joe
Trailer: Casita 17' SD
Arizona
I'd buy a four door big pickup with a camper shell to store all my camping gear. If you don't have that much money perhaps a roof rack would work for you?
Rattlesnake Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:00 PM   #24

Name: Robert
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Joe View Post
I'd buy a four door big pickup with a camper shell to store all my camping gear. If you don't have that much money perhaps a roof rack would work for you?
That's what I will primarily use (Toyota Tundra). However, if I need to pull with my wife's Highlander, I want this rig in the back to store gasoline.
45er is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita