1300 Boler Electrical refit (Converter, Inverter and Battery) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2016, 01:10 PM   #1

Name: Alex
Trailer: Boler 1300
Alberta
1300 Boler Electrical refit (Converter, Inverter and Battery)

Hi all,
apologies if this topic has been brought up all too often, if there is a forum of which you can direct me to to further answer my questions, please feel free to do so.

I'm researching electrical for my recently purchased boler. I want to create a well equipped bug-out trailer capable of multi-day excursions as well as a home for longer multi-month expeditions. At present the trailer has two (what I assume) 110v outlets. All I need to do electrically is charge a laptop, camera batteries, phone and run an efficient cooler (ARB hopefully). I intend to mount two dual-USB ports and all lights (exterior/ interior) will be converted to LED. At some point there will be solar added into the equation; however, for now I'd like to charge the batteries off the tow vehicle and campsite power when available. Can someone suggest an effective system (converter, battery, inverter) to suit my needs? You can suggest the system you currently run or your dream system. Thanks for all your help, I'm sure FGRV, as usual, will not disappoint.
AJCmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 04:24 PM   #2

Name: Christian
Trailer: Escape 2017, 17B
Florida
Hi, I am looking to do the same. I will be following to see what you decide.

Sent from my C6530N using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Christian in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 06:08 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
My 1999 17' Casita has an older version of this unit.
6730D Parallax 30 Amp RV Power Converter Charger with Breakers Installed Model | eBay
It has circuit breakers for 120 volts AC, fuses for 12 volts DC circuits and charges your battery when shore power is available.
It automatically switches from battery to shore power when available.

AJC.
You may want to investigate how much power electrically powered refrigerators use, even the most efficient ones available and how long they will (or not) run on battery power.
For extended boon docking I believe you'll discover that propane is the only way to go.

Joe
Joe Romas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, boler, electrical