Adjustable LED lights - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #1

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Adjustable LED lights

Has anyone ever seen or tried these, they look nice and with the dimmer switch, highly desirable. On Ebay anywhere from $7.00 up
LED 921 Dome Light Fixture 230 Lum RV Marine 12V or 24V 9090101 | eBay
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #2

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Not yet, but thanks for putting me onto this seller. They have a few things I'd be interested in. It also looks like he has 3 different manufacturers for this light. i.e. different part #'s
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #3

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
That's a nice solution for a location where varying light levels are required.

If more than one fixture is to be dimmed together, or from a remote location, there are 12-volt dimmers that work with most LEDs... the dimmer and fixture don't need to be purchased as one unit, but that is a convenient way to go for mounting and wiring.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #4

Pennsylvania
Registry
Exactly, a night light and a regular light for the price of one. I may have to order some for the new one!!
Old 07-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #5

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Another Night Light Solution.

In our small trailer we use the Smartphone simultaneously for a Night Light, Clock and Alarm Clock. Both the color of the Characters and the Intensity of the light are adjustable.

It's truly amazing all the functions the phone is capable of performing that used to require a separate items plus since we have two smart phones we always have a backup.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #6

Pennsylvania
Registry
Good idea Norm, but I do not think you would want to take it into the bathroom at night.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #7

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
There's enough light in the Scamp from the phone/clock, particularly with all the 'Scamp whiteness", to allow you to see your way to the bathroom where we just turn on the bathroom LED lamp.

As to picking up the phone during the night, I do that sometimes to check a score or search something 'roaming' thru my head.

We are both really surprised how much we use the "phone". It's immediacy really makes it more of an extension than a computer or pad, certainly the reason that more pictures are taken with phones and the parallel reason that phone cameras are increasing in capability.

Ginny has suggested that she will not need her computer for this year's loop of the USA.

All of this is not to suggest that this is not an interesting light fixture, certainly plenty bright.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:16 AM   #8

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
In 1997 I sailed to Hawaii and use a digital watch to get around the boat at night. The low light display would stay lit for 15 seconds every press. A tiny amount of light is all that is needed to dress and get ready to stand watch.

I agree with Norm on the smart phone. I use mine for a low level lamp--just the screen of my notepad. A bright flashlight using the camera flash is great for walking the dog, plus the alarm clock, notepad, navigation, research tool, etc, etc.

Of course having a phone with you means sways having a camera. Now bring a GoPro Hero with me because of the many recording modes and mounting options and waterproof case.

While I'm not like Ginny, ready to give up my laptop, on trips where I need to travel very light I just bring my phone, an external battery and extra chargers, and load many books. Some trips I bring a iPad loaded with movies. My laptop is a bit heavy so I think twice about it. It is useful for video editing and faster for writing

Traveling light is always the best way to travel. I'd rather bring too little and buy what I need on the road than carry too much and struggle with the weight of it all.

I almost forgot the one thing I wanted to mention.

RAM mounts. I use an X-frame Ram mount for my phone at my bedside table and in my Volvo 240. I have a clamp mount for my boat which i also use to attach it to my bedside table.

Ever since I started using these, my phone does not fall or get knocked around, and it stays in a convenient spot I can swipe to answer a call with only one hand.

If there is one thing that has made my life better in the last year it is definitely the RAM mounts I've purchased. I just ordered two more X-Frame or whatever they are called, to mount my iPhone in my Silverado and at my desk. It is so convenient to have my phone mounted securely exactly where I want it with a charger cord nearby. It really makes it into a desk phone--and I rarely use my wall mounted phone except to call Canada.
Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights