Boler 1976 tail lights - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2020, 10:08 AM   #1

Name: Sheila
Trailer: boler
North Vancouver
Boler 1976 tail lights

Hello all,

I have intact tail light covers which I would like to use. At present my right side double contact bayonet is working (turns on, brake, signal) but my single contact bayonet is not working. On the left side double contact bayonet is only turning on.
I have searched through the posts here but cannot find answers to a couple of questions so here they are.
1. What is the original tail light assembly for the Boler 1976.
1. Thoughts on what could be the problem to troubleshoot.
1. Has anyone replaced the wire harness with LED while keeping the original covers? If yes, do you have any links to share or instructions of what you did?

Thanks so much!
Ste11a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 12:32 PM   #2

Name: Bill
Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe
Arizona
Boler lights

Trying to figure this one out too! Am going to custom
make backing plate for new lights and use existing red covers- love to hear how you approach this
Thx
Bill
Bill rv tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 06:09 PM   #3

Name: Eric
Trailer: Boler
TN
Registry
which Boler 1300 or 1700? You can get the lights in LED for the 1700s at etrailer part number is STL90RB.
Eric Frye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 07:44 PM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Sheila, I had a 1974 Boler 13 and currently have a 1979 Boler 17. Both had original "wedding cake" style round 7" taillights. Each taillight had one lightbulb socket with two positive pins (one for running light, the other for turn signal and brake function). An 1157 style bulb was used.

In both trailers, I replaced the original taillights with 7" LED bus taillights. That said, some people have inserted a sealed LED tail lamp into the original "wedding cake" shell.

If you want answers regarding problems with your particular taillight fixtures, post some photos of them.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:59 AM   #5

Name: Sheila
Trailer: boler
North Vancouver
Thanks for the information. I ended up replacing with the LED ones. The brake lights and signal lights are working. The running lights are not and the system seems to have a short because the land rover fuses keep blowing. Had to drive with flashers on after a tie up in a accident line up that required that we drive after dark. No great... still investigating
Ste11a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 04:49 PM   #6

Name: Gaenor
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
I can't help, but I can certainly empathoze. Mine have been ticky for the 20 years since I get her. They'll work great for years, then suddenly go. Sometimes a turn signal, sometimes a brake light, sometimes a marker light, sometimes a combo. Many have tried to repair; all have failed. I just try to appease the little yellow gremlin with kind words and offerings of trinkets. Of you discover the secret weakness, please let me know!
Gaenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:55 PM   #7

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
On my 79 Boler 13 footer, the ground was through one of the rivets in the fixture for both the tail and running lights. A steel rivet was used to which a common ground wire in the trailer was attached. I had one taillight and one marker light fail. I drilled out the corroded steel rivet and replaced it with a brass bolt and hooked the ground wire to the bolt. Haven't had any trouble again from those lights. Will eventually replace the grounding rivet in all the fixtures with brass bolts. A lot of the problems with lights are the ground is broken or intermittent.
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, light, lights, tail lights