Casita Battery Charger mods for adding a AGM battery? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2019, 02:57 PM   #1

Name: Doug
Trailer: Casita SD 17'
California
Casita Battery Charger mods for adding a AGM battery?

I am looking at adding a AGM style battery to replace the standard Lead Acid battery. What changes will I have to do to my 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe battery charging circuit to maintain the AGM battery?

Doctoruv
doctoruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:07 AM   #2

Trailer: Casita Patriot
Registry
my casita has an upgrade progressive dynamics 12v portion of the converter. no modification needed to work with 2 6v agm golf cart batteries. i did have to modify the 2 morningstar solar controllers as per morningstar's suggestion. i used the provided bridge gizmos (technical term) to eliminate the float stage (i think). in case you can't tell, i'm certainly no electrician but all seems to work well.

p@
patrick crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:51 PM   #3

Name: Stephen
Trailer: Casita
Tennessee
For a simple fix, no changes are needed. For a comprehensive one, remanufacturing the inadequate electrical system is needed.
Stephen_Albers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, casita