Casita Patriot Battery - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2022, 04:56 PM   #1

Name: Bill
Trailer: Casita
Wyoming
Casita Patriot Battery

Two questions please?
1). Does anyone know a trick for getting the battery out of a Casita 13’ ???

2) I have never used the seats and table. It was long ago converted to bed full time.
I’m thinking about cutting away some fiberglass above the battery to make access easier. Any big time cons to that idea?
I know the tongue mount option. Overall, it would be easier to open access above existing battery location.
billgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 02:20 PM   #2

Name: Jann
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by billgo View Post
Two questions please?
1). Does anyone know a trick for getting the battery out of a Casita 13’ ???

2) I have never used the seats and table. It was long ago converted to bed full time.
I’m thinking about cutting away some fiberglass above the battery to make access easier. Any big time cons to that idea?
I know the tongue mount option. Overall, it would be easier to open access above existing battery location.
Our 17' Casita has a door outside to take the battery out. There is a special door for it and it has a special box of some kind to slide the battery on. It is not just sitting inside the trailer. You may be able to do the remodel if you have the right box and door. They must be vented. Don't cut above the battery as you won't be able to lift it up and out that easy. Cut exactly where the battery is and make an opening, put in special box and door and you can access it for servicing and replacing it.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 03:25 PM   #3

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jann Todd View Post
Our 17' Casita has a door outside to take the battery out. There is a special door for it and it has a special box of some kind to slide the battery on. It is not just sitting inside the trailer. You may be able to do the remodel if you have the right box and door. They must be vented. Don't cut above the battery as you won't be able to lift it up and out that easy. Cut exactly where the battery is and make an opening, put in special box and door and you can access it for servicing and replacing it.

The 13' Patriot does not have the access door on the side. Are you suggesting cutting a door from the outside?
I can almost get to it through the access hole in the top of the seat. But if I enlarge that hole.
Old 05-23-2022, 09:12 PM   #4

Name: Jann
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by billgo View Post
The 13' Patriot does not have the access door on the side. Are you suggesting cutting a door from the outside?
I can almost get to it through the access hole in the top of the seat. But if I enlarge that hole.
You said the bed is full time but does that mean you can't access the hole or not. If you can move the bed without a lot of trouble then do that. Cutting a hole in the side outside could be risky for strength. Talk to Casita about this.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 09:46 PM   #5

Wyoming
Battery

Yes, the bed is full time. I mentioned that only to point out that we don’t go back and forth from seat to bed. I have built a full time wooden platform to hold a memory foam bed. But…I can lift it up and out of the way to get to the access hatch to the hot water heater and battery compartment.
So I’m going to look at enlarging that access over the battery so it can be removed and replaced much easier.
If I regret it someday, I’ll deal with it then.
I’ll post pictures.
Thanks for the replies.
Old 05-24-2022, 01:22 PM   #6

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
You might want to get one of these. It lifts straight upward using the battery posts so can get the most clearance around the opening without needing to get your hands under it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FDXIGWS...ogi&th=1&psc=1
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 04:13 PM   #7

Name: Libby
Trailer: Casita Patriot
Colorado
Can you charge the battery on a Casita Patriot by plugging into 110?
Xterralete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, casita