Colors & Heat - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2003, 03:54 PM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Abbott & Costello

Was it Abbott & Costello? Who's on first? HA!!!!

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 04:05 PM   #22

george the worst part

is it sound so very familar i keep hearing jack benny doing the lines but if that is not it ummmmmmm ut oh i smell wood burning better stop thinking about it :cheers

Old 07-11-2003, 06:09 AM   #23

Answer.......

(You just didn't scroll down far enough.)

Moran and Mack, The Two Black Crows, circa 1925 Columbia Records.

Oh, I almost forgot, for each wrong answer, send 10 bucks to the webmaster to help keep this site alive! I know Al has already stuck his 30 in the mail. And thank you for listening.

Y'all come down to see me next week on the beach at San Elijo State Park. I'll be the oldest surfer out there! ;)

Hey, maybe I just thought of a fund-raising method, either a trivia quiz, or perhaps people like Al would just pay to keep c--p like this from me off the air. Either way, your dimes and nickles will help support this web site.:wave

Old 07-11-2003, 06:37 AM   #24

Hey George,

I'd pay to KEEP you on this BB.:cblob ......in fact, I just did!:lol

Dina (& Jim) Schulz

Old 07-11-2003, 06:42 AM   #25

Gerorge

Its a win win or nowin arguement so keep it :huh

Old 07-11-2003, 12:09 PM   #26

A couple of interesting factiods - in the '70s, Ma Bell did a test on car colors and people's perceptions of how dirty they were - you might have noticed that they switched from Olive Drab to white...

I had a Dodge van with sliding door. The slider mechanisim was covered by a little white metal roof, and mine rusted out. After replacing it, I started looking around and observed that all the white ones were generally rusty underneath, whereas the darker ones generally weren't. I surmise the higher heat from the darker colors kept the underside condensation from forming so often and for so long, compared to the white.

A friend of mine who paints cars and is observant would walk around his neighborhood looking at various finishes and noted that the white cars would still have the morning dew on them for much longer than the dark cars.

There are tables for the heat absorbtion/radiation of the various colors, and it's hard to beat glossy white for cool.

I am in the process of constructing a portable PVC ridgeline so I can drape tarps above my Scamp in summer. I had to look hard to find white tarps in the US (I think they carry them at Canadian Tire or one of the Canadian hardware store chains) and finally found an internet source.

Pete in the RatHaus