Connecting Coleman solar panels - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2021, 01:04 PM   #1

Name: iRobie
Trailer: In the market.
British Columbia
Connecting Coleman solar panels

Technical question: has anyone connected two Coleman (40 watt each) solar panels to one controller for a 12 volt battery? If so where did you find the proper connectors that fit the Coleman wiring? I can't seem to find anything online.
Ps: I'm in Canada.
iRobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 02:45 PM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Picture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRobie View Post
Technical question: has anyone connected two Coleman (40 watt each) solar panels to one controller for a 12 volt battery? If so where did you find the proper connectors that fit the Coleman wiring? I can't seem to find anything online.
Do they still use two pin flat? Any auto parts store.
https://www.amazon.com/Gauge-Disconn...omotive&sr=1-4
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 03:57 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRobie View Post
The panels I got ( from Canadian Tire ) each came with a controller, but I only use one controller. I have a hub ( also Coleman, also from Canadian Tire ). Each panel has the wires and connectors to plug into the hub. The hub is wired with a plug into the controller and the controller is wired with alligator clips to the battery terminals.
I don't seem to have a good pic of the hub. It's that box ( barely visible ) that has two wires leading to it from the panels.
They show a Noma hub on their web site.
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/n...?rrec=true#spc
Here is link to SunForce ( they sell the Coleman panels ).

https://sunforceproducts.com/product...lar-panel-hub/
Attached Thumbnails
Dual solar.jpg   Solar Accessories.jpg  

Solar setup.jpg  
Old 10-17-2021, 05:19 PM   #4

Name: iRobie
Trailer: In the market.
British Columbia
Thank you!

Well I sure looked everywhere online and did not find anything about a hub for the Coleman panels. This is perfect. Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for.
iRobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 05:22 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I found this picture, which shows the "hub" that I have. It is four in and one out. Much more compact. I'm quite sure it was branded Coleman and that I got it at Canadian Tire.
Attached Thumbnails
Solar wiring.jpg  
Old 10-18-2021, 10:16 AM   #6

Name: Michael
Trailer: Trail Cruiser
Alberta
I used two of these same panels from the same source. They came with all necessary fittings. When a bought a third panel I also bought a hub which can accommodate up to seven panels of the same or different power output.
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solar, solar panel