Digital door lock - discount - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2021, 07:38 PM   #21

Name: John
Trailer: Scamp 1995 19'
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
Donna, I have a 10 pound sledge hammer. I am willing to flatten your door if that would help. Or maybe run my car over it?

Seriously, I have no answer for the curved doors. That will be a hard one to solve. Depending on the degree of curve and a few other factors, it might be possible to alter an existing digital lock to fit if one has the tools, skills, time and patience necessary.

I do like my digital lock.
My Scamp has a very simple lock, just a flat plate bolted to the body that a spring loaded latch in the door handle pushes against, slides over and then behind.

A normal door latch has a hole drilled or milled into the wall of the rv, with a strike plate that screws over that hole, into which said latch slides into.

Aside from that, the hole in the door that the old latch handle sits in is very small and seems to be round? The entire digital mechanism appears to be quite large and square and bolts into a large square hole, with a sandwich kind of thing, two pieces, one inside, one outside, which then bolt together to squeeze the door between the inside and outside pieces?

A fundamentally different design. The old latch is just a latch, not at all secure. The new digital door lock is a handle mechanism and an actual lock.
Old 11-12-2021, 10:47 PM   #22

Name: Charles
Trailer: Bigfoot
Georgia
From the Google search bar......... ie. type Google.com

enter the following

electronic door lock site:https://www.fiberglassrv.com/

This works on almost any web site, just enter the search term, the word site followed by the colon, and the sites web address.

Charles