Does anyone have these LED bulbs? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #21

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Sharon, yes I have the 1141 and 1003 led bulb replacements, and they work just fine in the socket. Have little power draw, and the price has dropped drastically.
I bought locally, "Lumi RV" Led replacements for the exterior acorn light and inside lights. These are replacement bulbs and the fixtures do not have to be Led fixtures.
*Note* If they do not work, then the wiring is backwards. Ask me how I know....
My costs was less than $10.00.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #22

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonM View Post
........Onward and upward, or whatever!

Sharon
Good job! We won't mention the "S" incident to Donna, our adhesives regulator.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #23

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
I myself have not made many mistakes . . . while sleeping.
LOL I have a Rubbermaid box in the garage full of items that I thought were a good idea for the trailer at the time of purchase, but have never been used in or on it.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #24

Name: Sharon
Trailer: Chez Nous - a 2011 Scamp 16'
Texas
Shhhh, I'm already broke. Carol, when does this become fun? LOL
SharonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #25

Name: Sharon
Trailer: Chez Nous - a 2011 Scamp 16'
Texas
Well, seeing as I'm an S (Sharon) person, I'll remember the dark side of S is NO SILICONE. Long live the S.
SharonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #26

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonM View Post
Shhhh, I'm already broke. Carol, when does this become fun? LOL
I know when I first got my trailer I went and bought a bunch of things thinking I had to have them or with ideas on how I was going to store things in the trailer. Most of those ideas got changed around a lot after I did my first long trip in the trailer - especially how and where I was going to store things inside & what I really needed to have with me. Now I dont buy anything for the trailer unless I am willing to take something else out.

My advise is to just slow it down a little. You have a pretty new trailer so it shouldn't really need to change/replace much right this minute, assuming the battery and tires are still good and you have had the brakes and wheel bearings checked over and serviced. Get a water hose, pressure regulator. some leveling blocks and an extension cord and fill up the propane tank and go have some fun camping in it. If you can get out to a fiberglass trailer meet and take a look at how other people have set up their trailers and what they are using or not using that will help you a lot in deciding what you have to have or dont have to have. You will meet at those meets a number of people that spend a large number of days on the road with their trailers each year so they have it pretty well mastered it as far as what to bring and not to bring. Or what items/brands have stood the test of use and time, along with great tips on how to do things/fix things the easy/right way the first time

Funny enough if I am going out on the road for 3 or more weeks I take far less stuff with me now than I do when only heading out for a 3 or 4 day trip.

Just get out and have fun with it - it does not and will never be perfect the first trip out regardless!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #27

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Hi Sharon,

We have lights like yours and for our 13 they are very right in my opinion. I want a visor when sitting at the dinette as it is too bright for me.

Looking at a friend's new Scamp I noticed they had a new lamp which had a different type of bulb used. I don't know when Scamp made the change. I assume you took the bulb out and saw that it is the bayonet style. Maybe the change was in 2012?

Lighting must be like beds. everyone is different.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #28

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
T-10 appears to have taken over from bayonet sockets inside and out at least in aftermarket. Bargman offerings are a case in point.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #29

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
I have the BA15 LED bulbs in stock look at Fiberglass |Travel|Trailers |RV
Chuck
FTTRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #30

Name: Jack
Trailer: Scampless in Oregon
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
LOL I have a Rubbermaid box in the garage full of items that I thought were a good idea for the trailer at the time of purchase, but have never been used in or on it.
Double LOL! ... I seem to have a garage full of items that I thought were a good idea! (although just getting started with "stuff" for the trailer! )
jack smith is offline   Reply With Quote