Dual mode LED blinker side marker lights - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #1

Trailer: 17 ft Burro
Thumbs up Dual mode LED blinker side marker lights

I just wanted to pass along a find on dual mode blinking side marker lights. I'm making several upgrades to my '87 17' Burro WB and wanted blinking side maker lights. After much searching I found what I was looking for here

TMI LED TECHNOLOGY

and they have a ebay store as well here

the ebay link
12 LEDs Amber Truck Trailer Motorcycle Dual Mode Solar Off Grid Home Lighting | eBay

I just ordered a pair of Red and a pair of Amber for just under $50 shipped to Ga.

I think I may use these to replace the old and dim lights on the top rear of the camper...

2 Red 3" Round 15 LED Surface Mount Brake Stop Turn Tail Lights Red Lens | eBay

I've got to take some measurements to make sure these 3" will fit without over lap.

Looking forward to getting my upgraded lights installed.

Greg
GregLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:40 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
Just curious or living in the dark ages but when would you use a blinking side marker? I don't believe I have ever seen them being used on any type of vehicle? Do they blink during back up or all the time.
thanks
Mike
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:51 PM   #3

Trailer: 17 ft Burro
Think of them as mini stop/turn/brake lights but for the sides of your camper. They wire into your left or right S/T/B wiring.

I've seen many newer trailers/campers with this type of lighting. Others have discussed it here as well...

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...als-27642.html

I think in today's climate of many driver distractions, if a driver is staged in traffic beside my Burro either at a light or on the highway, I want to make it obvious that I'm about to turn or change lanes.

YMMV!

Greg
GregLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:38 PM   #4

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
They are on autos in Europe. I installed them up front on the 5r so drivers that are in that area would see that something is happening when they can not see the tail lights of either the tow or egg vehicle.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:23 PM   #5

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
In Denmark you used to have to attach a flag to your right front fender if you were towing. This was so the many bicyclist there knew not to pull back out as soon as your rear fender passed them.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights