Electrical problems centurion 1979 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2021, 02:09 PM   #1

Name: Jimmy
Trailer: Centurion
New Brunswick
Electrical problems centurion 1979

Hi everyones! Last summer i went to camping for a weekend and in the night something has stop working properly and i dont know what it is 🤔 my fridge plug, my kitchen plug and the outside plug does not work anymore i only got one plug left for all my camping trailer. I got a 1979 centurion an9d the converter is a powertron RM 300D 30 amp i dont know what to do and the breaker didnt shut off , i checked everythings but dont seem to find the problems hehe 😅 so if someones can help me with that , it would be awesome !! Thank you !! ( and ya if you tcheck on the pitcure i put all the breaker off for precaution for me hehe )
Attached Thumbnails
20210501_153715.jpg   20210501_153712.jpg  

20210501_153710.jpg  
Xjimx007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 11:35 AM   #2

Name: Michael
Trailer: Trail Cruiser
Alberta
Jimmy, I'm not familiar with your unit but I am familiar with your problem. As I understand it, you have lost power to 3 of your 4 electrical (120volt?) receptacles?
The first thing I would check would be the breakers/fuses. With the power turned off, turn each breaker off and then on again. Pull each fuse and check it. Replace fuses as necessary.
Have someone else connect power to your unit while you watch the breakers/fuses to see if any of them trip, which will indicate the problem circuit. Trace the circuit downstream of any tripped fuses/breakers.
If no fuses/breakers trip, use a test light to check each fuse/breaker for power. If no power to one or more fuses/breakers, trace the circuit upstream to find the source of the problem.
As one of your 4 receptacles is still live, this should identify your problem.
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 11:59 PM   #3

Name: Charles
Trailer: Bigfoot
Georgia
The round white button circuit breakers on the far right are for the 12v dc system and HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR PROBLEM. If you do not have power from the household type 120v receptacles, it has to be one of those two 15 amp circuit breakers next to the 30 amp main on the left side.

There could be a GFCI tripped somewhere, or the breaker could have lost contact internally. Have you cycled them on and off a couple or three times?

Trailers tend to have loose connections due to it experiencing a rolling earthquake going down the road all the time. With all power disconnected you need to check the screws on the breakers to make sure that they are tight, you may need to remove and reinstall the breakers or replace them.

I edited by original post a few minutes after I posted it. I did some research and found that the ITE type BL circuit breakers are a bolt on type and not a push on over the stab type. There is a Siemens breaker that is interchangeable, as Siemens bought out ITE many years ago, but an electrical house would probably have to special order it. Bolt on breakers are not very common nowdays.

Amazon listing for a 15 amp Siemens type BL bolt on breaker but the pic shows a 20 amp

Charles

Tags
electrical