Fuses for Casitas - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2018, 08:01 AM   #1

Name: Fredrick
Trailer: Escape 21C
Tennessee
Fuses for Casitas

I'm brand new Casita owner..for you experienced hands out there..what spare fuses should I buy for my Casita 2018 Independence model. I know, I know..buy two of every possible fuse, but...I hate to waste money on stuff not really needed so....??
Fred762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:06 AM   #2

Name: Pete
Trailer: Casita
Georgia
Registry
Just order the proper assortment from Little House Customs. They know Casita's needs.
pete_britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:23 PM   #3

Name: Stephen
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred762 View Post
I'm brand new Casita owner..for you experienced hands out there..what spare fuses should I buy for my Casita 2018 Independence model. I know, I know..buy two of every possible fuse, but...I hate to waste money on stuff not really needed so....??
It depends on what your intended use is. If you'll just sit in one RV slum or other you can always get help locating blown fuse replacements. If you are boondocking to Alaska, then open your fuse box and record every fuse there. Carry at least two of each. They are standard fuses available at an auto parts store.
Stephen_Albers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:58 PM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
What is there, 4 different sizes, 2 or 3 of each, less than $10? To the comment of not really needed, maybe, maybe not. Spare fuses are like your first aid kit, hope you don't ever need it but it better have more than one bandage in it .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:06 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Walmart sells an assortment of fuses for a lot of money. If there's fuses you don't need for the trailer you might need them for the tow vehicle. I've use a few in the past 12 years, both for the tow and the trailer.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:08 PM   #6

Name: Jann
Colorado
Quote:
Open you fuse block door and see what amp fuses you use. Then go buy a small box of each. We got caught out once with 2 10 amp fuses and our radio was blowing them quickly. We found the problem but it took more than 2 tries. We just looked and bought what we needed in case we blew a fuse. Most were 10, 15 and a couple of others.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 06:37 PM   #7

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jann Todd View Post
Open you fuse block door and see what amp fuses you use. Then go buy a small box of each.
This assumes of course that you have the right fuses in the first place, and someone has not replaced a blown 10 amp with a 20 amp "because that is all I had at the time."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jann Todd View Post
We got caught out once with 2 10 amp fuses and our radio was blowing them quickly. We found the problem but it took more than 2 tries. ...
To expand on that point, when a fuse blows, it usually means that something is wrong. Replace the fuse ONE TIME and if it blows again then you can safely assume there is in fact a problem. As Jann said, it might take a while and a few more blown fuses before you fix the problem but fix it you must. Never replace with a higher value because that is all you have at the time.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:09 PM   #8

Name: Fredrick
Trailer: Escape 21C
Tennessee
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_Albers View Post
It depends on what your intended use is. If you'll just sit in one RV slum or other you can always get help locating blown fuse replacements. If you are boondocking to Alaska, then open your fuse box and record every fuse there. Carry at least two of each. They are standard fuses available at an auto parts store.
Checked the Casita book and went to AutoZone and picked up 2 ea of 5,10 and 15 amp Glowfuses..when they blow, they glow w a tiny LED light, so no more hunting for the bad fuse.
Fred762 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita