LED Bulb Price Check "?" - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2013, 12:27 AM   #1

Name: C. Elaine
Trailer: Casita 2001 spirit
California
LED Bulb Price Check "?"

So, I was picking up parts at my local RV store & they had the little electrical display showing battery draw of a standard bayonet bulb (1156 I think, like mine) versus the replacement LED, impressive but - $30 each.
I have (6) interior fixtures not counting the porch light - is it worth the $180, my heart be still?
I do not want to solder new LEDs if I can help it, not my thing. Is there a more reasonable price. I get lost on ebay with all the LED bulbs, anyone have a # or source?
Thanks much - still in driveway,
Elaine
partslady9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:31 AM   #2

Name: Hillary
Trailer: 2008 Bigfoot 25B17.5G
Washington
How about $2.50 each? I can't vouch for longevity, but they seem to work just fine!
Amazon.com: 2pcs 20-SMD T10 12V Light LED Replacement Bulbs + STICKER 168 194 2825 W5W - White: Automotive
Old 07-05-2013, 05:54 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: Bigfoot
North Carolina
Registry
I bought these from dhgate.com

All these LEDs come from China, I buy a lot of LEDs direct. One hint - make sure you are getting the color you want. There is more than one type of white, and the standard automotive white is not very close to incandescent (which is quite yellow).

Look for bulbs that are 'warm white' (like these ones) if you want something that is a lot closer color to the ones you will be replacing (and if you buy more than one type of LED, be consistent in the color you order)
pugslyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Elaine, unless you are camping off the grid using only your battery for power, then the switch over to LED would be worth it for the battery power saved. I believe the bulb number you quoted was a bayonet style, and while looking at the ebay link, I did find your style under similar products that others have purchased. They were half the price that you were looking at. You could just purchase one or two for the areas that you would use the most (reading nook).
Prior to finding them on ebay, I purchased them at the RV store one at a time over a year until all have been replaced. We rarely camp where there is power.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #5

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
LED Trailer Lights has replacement lamps (305 Lumens in WW) for $12.95 / Ea plus free shipping. Look under Casita Special Pricing . I changed mine to LED's to get rid of the heat factor besides the power savings.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #6

Trailer: Toyota Sunrader and 16 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to Perry J Send a message via Yahoo to Perry J
Do a search on eBay for 12v LED panel lights.
You will be amazed at the prices.
I changed all of the fixtures in my Scamp 16 to clear lens fixtures and all 48 led panel lights for around $50.00.
They are better than incandescent bulbs.
I have a slide in camper for the tight places I like to go and have had Chinese LEDS in it for 4 years with no problems.
I've been using the Chinese LEDS for over 4 years in the trailers I refurbish and none have failed.

It takes about a week to 10 days for them to be delivered from China.
Perry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #7

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Bargman single or dual dome light fixtures are 7 to 9$ from Amazon. Coupled with 36 or 48 diode flat panel LED w/ a T-10 base adapter @ 2.75 to $3.50 a copy in 5 to ten bulb lots, these make for affordable low wattage interior lighting. There's a good thread by ThomasG on adding voltage regulators to these fixtures.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote