Mppt Vs PWM solar chargers - Worth it? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2018, 08:06 PM   #21

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
To clarify the testing of the solar system here the sun was bright, but the angle was not nearly perpendicular (winter in North Florida with flat panels) and the battery was charged so I turned on the lights etc to get current flowing in both the panels and the output.
The system may behave differently when bring up a battery from 50 or 70% to 100%.
If the PWM works for you and you get the charging you need then you are good to go.
You could also add another panel to make up the difference and more in efficiency or rather output, but perhaps you don't have the space for it (them).
By the way If someone wants a discount on a one of two slightly used PWM controllers, let me know. Tested and found to be mediocre
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 01:17 AM   #22

Name: Babb
Trailer: Yamaha
Florida
Hi....The PWM regulators that I have (modest ones) are auto exchanging for 12v or 24v battery. Yet, for 12v they say the information voltage is 25v or thereabouts and for 24v information breaking point would be 50v. I think they need to try not to see an enormous distinction between the information and the battery being charged. The MPPT regulators permit bigger contrasts (regularly) and improve execution when the isn't solid on the boards.

If it's not too much trouble, incorporate the battery voltage and on the off chance that you have your 3 boards in arrangement or in the event that you have them in equal.
BabbRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:20 AM   #23

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabbRust View Post
Hi....The PWM regulators that I have (modest ones) are auto exchanging for 12v or 24v battery. Yet, for 12v they say the information voltage is 25v or thereabouts and for 24v information breaking point would be 50v. I think they need to try not to see an enormous distinction between the information and the battery being charged. The MPPT regulators permit bigger contrasts (regularly) and improve execution when the isn't solid on the boards.

If it's not too much trouble, incorporate the battery voltage and on the off chance that you have your 3 boards in arrangement or in the event that you have them in equal.
I'm sorry. WHAT?
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 05:34 AM   #24

Name: John
Trailer: Scamp 1995 19'
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
I'm sorry. WHAT?
I'm thinking a language difference.

Tags
solar