I have a 79 Boler
I just picked up. I have specific power questions, and I'm hoping for some advice.
I just put in 2 new 6 volt golf cart batteries to replace the 12v marine that was in there. Planning on doing a fair amount of boondocking
, so I went with that solution.
I realized that the previous owner had yanked out the converter, so I have no way of charging the battery
without getting an external unit. I only have an on switch to run AC outlets when plugged into shore power.
Here's what I want to do (and I'll probably have someone install a lot of it, as I'm still a newbie with electric):
1) Come up with an onboard solution to charge the battery
. I assume this is a converter.
2) Convert the 4 pin to 7 pin so I can charge while driving (planning longer trips this summer). There is actually a cut off cable poking out of the front, so this was once a 7 pin rig I guess.
3) I want to install an inverter, as we have some things we want to charge daily (phones, a battery
charger for my son's cochlear implants) and occasionally like laptops.
4) In the meantime, I need to purchase an external charger to top off these new batteries before each trip. I live in California, so I can't buy just any charger, as they have some new regulations. Would the local Auto Zone have what I need?
5) Would also like to switch AC outlets to DC while boondocking
, as there are already a decent amount of them (this is not a need, but a want)
I found this thing after a bunch of searching. I can't tell if it would solve all of my problems at once or not.
1000W TRUE SINE INVERTER WITH 40A BATTERY CHARGER UL 458 CSA - 80140
Thanks in advance.