ParkLiner battery move - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2014, 11:37 AM   #1

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
ParkLiner battery move

I'm deleting this post. I can't do the battery move myself.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:44 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I don't know if you saw the post or not, but a member here sent them the bill for the wheel well re-do and parkliner eventually paid for it. Might be worth a try after all this work is done. Best of luck and thanks for keeping us updated.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:20 PM   #3

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Question

I guess i've got my PL owners projects mixed up a bit?? I thought you were going down to PL Factory to have them do the battery relocation mod?

Do you feel you need to do that mod? Or would venting in any way like i did (_Battery box mod and venting_ _Charging Optimas_) do the trick for your rig?

On the wheel well mod payment... I know on my wheel well mod Chandler had me send them contact details for my local fiberglass repair shop/boatworks. PL fiberglass guy then emailed the boatworks all plans to make the mod. The boatworks did the work and bill was paid Happy ending and the mod is fantastic!

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:03 PM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Thom

See thread Waiting for my Parkliner post # 60 - Parkliner will not do the repair for Frank until mid to late July.... maybe?

See post #10 for pictures of the real good reason for why he didn't wait to have it done in the thread What is the new battery Parkliner is using?
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:25 PM   #5

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
I guess i've got my PL owners projects mixed up a bit?? I thought you were going down to PL Factory to have them do the battery relocation mod?

Do you feel you need to do that mod? Or would venting in any way like i did (_Battery box mod and venting_ _Charging Optimas_) do the trick for your rig?

On the wheel well mod payment... I know on my wheel well mod Chandler had me send them contact details for my local fiberglass repair shop/boatworks. PL fiberglass guy then emailed the boatworks all plans to make the mod. The boatworks did the work and bill was paid Happy ending and the mod is fantastic!

Thom
As Carol notes here Thom, I have been "put off" while ParkLiner works to simply survive. It's not fun, as we took vacation to go down there for a week, plus rented a condo to wait for the repairs to get done. So now it's simply a vacation to the Outer Banks, no trailer to haul, 1st floor condo at a resort there, and a week off from my job. Things could be worse!

The company suggest maybe in mid to late July they can accommodate us. As soon as the can, off we go, one way or annudder. I'll keep ya all posted. In the meantime, moving a group 27 marine deep cycle battery to the tongue took a bit of work, but everything now works as it should, and the wife is very happy she will not sleeping over batteries. Our first camping trip will be June 13-15 at Allegany State Park, then for a long July 4th weekend, we'll be at the North Pole Resort up in the Adirondack community of Wilmington, at the base of Whiteface Mtn. Then there's our egg rally north of Albany on the Hudson 3rd weekend in August. We're doing fine.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-11-2014, 04:37 PM   #6

New York
Finished up the battery move yesterday. Hooked up the battery, tested everything, did good. Had to screw around with the battery box to make sure it was secure. Could not find square u-bolts to fit, just curved ones, so ran the studs up in the battery box, nylocked them, then fitted a piece of 1/2" plywood in so the studs and nuts would not abrade the bottom of the battery. Drilled 5 holes in the "T" frame underneath for wire ties to hold the 2 ten gauge wires up so they would never catch on anything.

The strap goes around a factory crossmember. This baby is mounted solid!

Everything just fits, including the crank for the tongue jack!

That's done.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-11-2014, 06:25 PM   #7

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Looks Good!...could get some white spray paint for plastic and paint it to match... keeps the look going until you can have them do the mod.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:06 PM   #8

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Nice looking job Frank!
I know it wasn't what you expected, but I imagine you two will enjoy your vacation anyway. I haven't seen any sign of burn marks myself or I would be considering a similar move. Hopefully it won't come to that before I can get the factory mod done. I am keeping a watchful eye out until we can schedule something.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:19 AM   #9

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
Nice looking job Frank!
I know it wasn't what you expected, but I imagine you two will enjoy your vacation anyway. I haven't seen any sign of burn marks myself or I would be considering a similar move. Hopefully it won't come to that before I can get the factory mod done. I am keeping a watchful eye out until we can schedule something.
You got it Brian. Scheduled this a long time ago. But yes, we will enjoy our vacation. Anything that gets me out of the office is a good thing!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006

Tags
battery, parkliner