quieter furnace exist? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2018, 04:49 PM   #21

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker22 View Post
... Are they safer than the Mr Heater/Buddy in regards to carbon monoxide?
Please review the available information and prior discussions. We can hash it out here, all over again, but you will only get part of the info you need to make a decision on using a Wave heater.

Briefly, if operating properly, if well vented, and in if good condition, its pretty safe. But those "ifs" are important. When the pad get contaminated, then small amounts of dangerous gas is emitted, how much its hard to say., and its also hard to say if it will hurt you. The heater uses up oxygen so the biggest danger with properly using a Wave heater that is in good condition is not carbon monoxide, it is the lack of oxygen left in the area for people to breath. It does NOT have an oxygen depletion sensor so it will chug along happily, and with a lack of oxygen there are dangerous by-products released. On the plus side, they can keep you from freezing and do not need any electric, and they don't use much propane.

I have one. I use it once in awhile. But always as a last option and never when I am asleep. I'm glad I have one, but IMHO its not a good option for a primary source of heat, but....
YMMV !
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:36 PM   #22

Name: Fernando
Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
New Jersey
Hi
my Jubilee came with a WEBASTO DIEZEL HEATER unit.
I donít know much a bout it and I try to sell it for 100.
A friend of mine told, if I was crazy an I say why, he told me I look for information an that is one of the best heaters you can have. They go from $500 to $1200.
But they are super quiet you donít hear anything.

Thank to my friend
I installed back in my Jubilee.

You can find anything you need a bout this unit on EBay or Amazon.
They sell all the parts and the all unit.

Hope this can help.
Falicea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:49 PM   #23

Trailer: 1986 Boler 1300 Voyager
Registry
I have an electric heater installed in mine for use with hookups. It works great, is safe, has a build in thermostat, remote and is very quiet. I also have an L.P. propex.
Markz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace