Replacing Bargman 92 series taillights with Bargman 07 LEDs - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2012, 07:54 AM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
Replacing Bargman 92 series taillights with Bargman 07 LEDs

Hi,
We currently have the Bargman 92 series taillights (turn/stop/backup) on our 2005 Scamp 5er.
They actually have this stamped on the surface:
SAE-AIL-RST 94 DOT Bargman
but from what I have been able to research, it is called the 92 series Bargman.

We would like to upgrade to LEDs but there is no kit for upgrading this
particular taillight. So we are considering replacing the lights with the
Bargman #07 LED fixtures. The dimensions are about right but not sure if the screwholes will match up.

Link to the #07's on etrailer:
http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lights/Bargman/47-07-001.html

Wondering if anyone else has done this or something similar.

Fran in NM
Fran L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #2

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Sizewise the 07s fit in the tail light recess in a Burro shell. At 25 bucks a copy, I'm not anxious to replace my 92-34s or whatever. I wonder what Eastern Marine can be thinking? They offer the light but no replacement "bulbs" or "stalk of diodes" or whatever they're called. Are they saying they don't think it's worthwhile to carry replacement bulbs, or the lens assembly is sealed for life and you throw them away? I didn't get to ask because the counterjockey kept repeating that the LED's aren't bulbs but diodes and I kept repeating that LEDs are available with bayonet bases in the commom numerical designations. Go figure!

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #3

Registry
From what I read, you can replace the incandescent bulbs - the lens comes off. There is just no upgrade kit for using LEDs like there is for the 84-86 series of Bargman lights.
I read about some folks who have tried just putting an led in the existing 92 series Bargman and they said it does not help that much for brightness.
Fran
Old 07-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran L View Post
From what I read, you can replace the incandescent bulbs - the lens comes off. There is just no upgrade kit for using LEDs like there is for the 84-86 series of Bargman lights.
I read about some folks who have tried just putting an led in the existing 92 series Bargman and they said it does not help that much for brightness.
Fran
I have the 84 series Bargman lights with the LED's. After 2 years I had one go bad. You can't fix it, it is completely sealed. You have to just replace it. $39!!!
Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #5

Registry
I don't know about the Bargman 84 that originally came with LEDs. But the ones that were incandescent bulbs to start with do have an upgrade kit for putting in LEDs. So maybe only the incandescent lens are removable.
Fran
Old 07-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #6

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Raz, that is the impression I had of the 07s, to wit, no opening tabs visible. I see no problem at all in putting a bayonet base LED "stalk" in a tail light assuming there is an equivalent of a dual filament incandescent bulb. I am certain folks on here have talked about "replacing bulbs with LEDs" in running lights. It's such a simple thing to do on the interior BA15 base fixtures; can it be that it is, or is about to, get very complicated and expensive on the exterior?
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #7
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran L View Post
I don't know about the Bargman 84 that originally came with LEDs. But the ones that were incandescent bulbs to start with do have an upgrade kit for putting in LEDs. So maybe only the incandescent lens are removable.
Fran
This has to be very similar to the upgrade kit. I misspoke. It was $40!
etrailer.com - Products 4784420

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
Raz, that is the impression I had of the 07s, to wit, no opening tabs visible. I see no problem at all in putting a bayonet base LED "stalk" in a tail light assuming there is an equivalent of a dual filament incandescent bulb. I am certain folks on here have talked about "replacing bulbs with LEDs" in running lights. It's such a simple thing to do on the interior BA15 base fixtures; can it be that it is, or is about to, get very complicated and expensive on the exterior?
As much as I resent the cost, the fixtures are very visible. A single bulb, even with multiple LED's won't be as bright. In my case the LED's were fine but dim. That leads me to believe the current limiting resistor inside was failing. Since most folks wouldn't know how to fix it, Bargman seals it up. I tried prying and heat. I even baked it in the oven to try and get it apart. No luck. Next week I will cut it open and figure it out.
Attached Thumbnails
image-3572199228.jpg   image-1881356364.jpg  

Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #8

Registry
So my questions remains, has any one out there replaced the Bargman 92 series incandescent taillight fixture with the Bargman LED 07 fixtures on a Scamp?
Thanks,
Fran
Old 06-29-2015, 12:53 PM   #9

Trailer: 2004 16 ft Scamp
old post

I know this is an old post but thought I would share what I found when I was searching.
Just Finding Our Way: Bright Lights
Darrin S is offline   Reply With Quote