Running Lights Not Working on an 82 Scamp - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2015, 10:48 PM   #21

Name: Bill & Pam
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 17.5
Washington
We had the exact same problem with our 1985 Scamp. At great expense, my mechanic found the problem and fixed it. It turned out lights were grounded through the frame and then the hitch. BAD IDEA! Everything is now grounded with wiring, and goes through the stinger. Works great!
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:17 AM   #22

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1980Trillium 1300
Ontario
If I were you, this would be my solution:
1/ Observation: The trailer circuitry lost GROUND somewhere.
2/ Solution:
...a/Re-ground the trailer i.e. sand the bolt to the shiny bare metal, tighten it and...GREASE it.
...b/ Have 2 connectors in hand ( brand-new, doesn't cost much ) One for trailer connector, other for towing vehicle connector. If the first step couldn't solve problem, replace trailer connector. If proceeding second step, the problem still exists, go on and replacing towing vehicle connector. I positive think the issue will be gone. If you are good @ multimeter with basic electrical knowledge, you wouldn't need to replace with new connectors. Just my personal opinion....and..I COULD BE WRONG. Please post your result. Thanks.
Thinh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights, scamp