Scamp 19 Deluxe mystery switch - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2021, 08:21 PM   #1

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
Scamp 19 Deluxe mystery switch

2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe. I have a mystery switch located on right side storage cabinet going up into the loft. Can't figure out what it is for. It is just a tiny little rocker switch. Does anyone know what it is for?
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 04:03 AM   #2

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
While it was a long time ago, I do not remember my Scamp 19 Deluxe having a switch anywhere near the loft. Perhaps it was a modification from a previous owner if you did not purchase the trailer new. Does it control the outside porch light? Or a ceiling light? Is it identical to other switches Scamp installed in other locations? In any case, it might help in the identification of what it’s purpose is if you could post a picture from far enough away so it’s location is obvious.
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 07:07 AM   #3

Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
While it was a long time ago, I do not remember my Scamp 19 Deluxe having a switch anywhere near the loft. Perhaps it was a modification from a previous owner if you did not purchase the trailer new. Does it control the outside porch light? Or a ceiling light? Is it identical to other switches Scamp installed in other locations? In any case, it might help in the identification of what it’s purpose is if you could post a picture from far enough away so it’s location is obvious.
"Does it control the outside porch light? Or a ceiling light?" - Nope and nope. it is on that deep hole compartment on your right as you are climbing stairs into loft. The wires disappear into the bottom of that compartment. The door to the compartment is on top of the compartment and you have to reach way down into it. It shares wall with outside and with exit door.
Old 09-27-2021, 08:57 AM   #4

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Does it comtrol the waist water shower pump?
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 11:45 AM   #5

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Scamp 19
Washington
I don't even have any good guesses as to what the switch might do. My 2005 does not have any wires or switches in that storage area. Good luck with the electrical mystery.
Wayne53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 02:12 PM   #6

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by parmm View Post
"Does it control the outside porch light? Or a ceiling light?" - Nope and nope. it is on that deep hole compartment on your right as you are climbing stairs into loft. The wires disappear into the bottom of that compartment. The door to the compartment is on top of the compartment and you have to reach way down into it. It shares wall with outside and with exit door.
The deep hole compartment to the right of the stairs is a dirty laundry hamper (at least that is what Scamp told us in 2012) and Scamp does not install a switch on it. I can say with almost 100% certainty that (I am assuming you are not the original purchaser) that a previous owner added the switch as part of a modification. If my assumption is correct, can you contact the previous owner?
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 07:58 PM   #7

A "dirty clothing hamper" is what the previous owner (but not original) called that hole too! And it did have a smell which reminded me of a old high school gym duffel bag. The wires from the switch go into the bottom stair storage area. I have already located my Orion-Tr Smart DC-DC isolated charger and its associated Orion SmartShunt bluetooth monitor for my Battleborn 100Ah LiFePO4 heated batteries . So lots of wires in there. From there they appear to go out thru the front bulkhead Am on our shake down trip, so I have some work cut out for the Scamp when we get home. Thank you all for helping me solve this. Will let you know what it is, or was. for hen I finally track it down.
Old 09-29-2021, 11:30 PM   #8

Name: Cece
Trailer: 2016 Scamp 19’ :)
Ohio
Wonder if it was some kind of lighting for the stairs?
Ceceoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 06:50 PM   #9

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
Maybe it turns on the Tardis expansion module🤪
(Yes I’m a sci-fi nerd)
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 07:38 PM   #10

Trailer: 2000 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Maybe a master battery disconnect switch?

--Dan Meyer
Dan Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 07:43 PM   #11

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe MacDonald View Post
Maybe it turns on the Tardis expansion module🤪
(Yes I’m a sci-fi nerd)
It’s the “Allon-y!” button!
Old 10-01-2021, 08:57 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceceoh View Post
It’s the “Allon-y!” button!
Where we going? My french is horrible, but I love baguettes and sauteed frog legs. I took a french class in high school and they kicked me out! Worked wtih the French military while in West Berlin and greatly respected them!
Old 10-01-2021, 09:10 AM   #13

Ohio
Quote:
Where we going? My french is horrible, but I love baguettes and sauteed frog legs. I took a french class in high school and they kicked me out! Worked wtih the French military while in West Berlin and greatly respected them!
It’s a Doctor Who joke, but it literally means, “let’s go!”, so it works for campers too.
Old 11-10-2021, 07:07 AM   #14

Name: Joyce
Trailer: Scamp
DE
Yes I have the same switch. Contacted Scamp about it and they had no idea it was not their installation.
1995 5th Wheel Deluxe
Joyce1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 01:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Meyer View Post
Maybe a master battery disconnect switch?

--Dan Meyer
No where near heavy enough of a switch for that purpose. It's just a tiny little toggle type switch/on and off.

She is in the shop right now, getting leaky windows fixed. We had over a week of steady rain. Knew I had some minor window leaks, but turned out to be some major ones. When I get her back, I can start tracing the wiring.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:43 PM   #16

Quote:
No where near heavy enough of a switch for that purpose. It's just a tiny little toggle type switch/on and off.

She is in the shop right now, getting leaky windows fixed. We had over a week of steady rain. Knew I had some minor window leaks, but turned out to be some major ones. When I get her back, I can start tracing the wiring.
Got her back, but it is mighty cold out there! We have a low of 20 F to nite!!

Tags
scamp