Scamp Fuse Box Question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2014, 08:29 AM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Florida
Scamp Fuse Box Question

Plugged into fuse box panel under dinette seat is a solid state power supply. I keep my Scamp plugged in to 120 vt all the time while being stored so my dehumidifier will run. The power supply under the seat is continually running as I can hear the fan. Is that basically a 12 volt battery charger? Can I unplug the the power supply from the panel? Should I keep it plugged in and running at all times? Thanks for your help...
Mike-N-Laurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:37 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
If your converter/fuse panel is like mine there's fuses and circuit breakers. In mine the far left breaker is one for the converter (power supply/charger). I turned mine off about 3 years ago. When the trailer is in it's nest I use a battery maintainer to keep the battery up. The charging circuit in the American converter is not very good, but the battery maintain does the job, plus when I'm traveling the tow's charge line keeps the battery charged. When the trailer is sitting for more than 4 or 5 days my small solar panel recharges the battery.

Short answer you can unplug it or just flip the circuit breaker.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:33 AM   #3

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
I think Bryon's answer is a good one considering the apparent ability of the old converters. In our case we have replaced the standard converter with a PDI converter and we leave it on all the time. As well our solar panels are ever present.

We leave the Fridge on all summer when we're home, assuming that running it is better than idling it.

As to the battery. I think it's good to keep it topped off and to have an occasional de-sulfation cycle.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:24 AM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Florida
Thank You For Your Replies...
Mike-N-Laurie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp