If you are going solar, I have noted a couple of posts that mention that they were not using a controller with the charge system. It is possible to do so, but charge controllers will keep your battery healthy and make it last longer.
I have tried non-controller short term solar setups (temp, normally an amateur radio setup). Most batteries can handle that short term. For an RV install, a charge controller is needed. There are a couple of types, for the technical, this page is a good read...https://www.renogy.com/learn-charge-controller-types/
On my Scamp, I am fabricating a bracket to hold two panels, this will mount to the front hitch. The panels are on a tilt/swivel mount, so that I can manually point them at the sun. I get 30W of power per panel at 20V, run thru a controller to a set of 12V batteries (split controller, each panel charges 1 battery). I have not gone to LI-FE yet, but am planning to do so in the future. I do have a separate LI-FE batt for internal electronics, but that is a separate issue. I have manually wired the camper to run off of 12V, one battery is for fridge
, etc, the other is for internal lights
(LED), TV, radio, and a 1600W inverter for a small coffee pot. Both have a voltage display showing status of charge and batt voltage. So far, in boondocking
, I can run for a week with no problem (limit is the wife, not power). I do have a cooler and ice for some typical fridge
items to reduce load on the fridge, so that lowers power consumption a bit.
The LI-FE system is for my radios. It is a small unit, with a 25W panel to charge the battery. It sits atop the camper, with a tilted frame to hold it up. Silcone feet on the frame to prevent marking the roof. I can run a 100W radio (about 160W consumption total) for a day with no problem. The LI-FE battery can also provide up to 450A as a jump starter, so if you run your battery down in the TV, no problem.
Lead-Acid batteries are tough enough to survive some non-regulated solar charging, but I did kill a high quality battery in a cabin once. The charge controller had gotten damaged, so I had cut it out of the circuit and scheduled a return to the cabin in a week's time to fit a replacement. As another person was going to use the cabin during that time, I left the panels connected with instructions to disconnect the battery at the time of leaving, which he forgot to do. It took me two week to get back up, in that time the battery was fried, after two weeks of full sun. Overcharging can also kill a battery. After replacing the battery and a new charge controller, it has worked well for more than 5 years in the cabin.