Sunsaver 10 error code - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2020, 04:54 PM   #1

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Boler
Idaho
Sunsaver 10 error code

So my Sunsaver 10l Solar Controller is giving me an error code. I’ve had my Lifeline AGM battery plugged into a smart charger all winter like I always do. This is the first time I’ve had error codes with this in the 8 years I’ve had it. It’s sequencing between red & green then yellow. According to the manual it means 3 things. It’s either “external wiring error, load over current, or load short circuit”. But I don’t know what that all means. What should I check first? Thanks in advance.
brownrecluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:48 AM   #2

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
IMO,
load over current might represent batteries that are too low, and trying to draw more than your controller can put out
load short circuit could mean a short in the wires going to the battery, or a battery that has failed
external wiring error-??? did you change anything when you set it up for the winter?

I would disconnect from everything and check battery voltage, if low manual charge, if ok, reconnect solar and see if error goes away check all wiring for loose,burnt connections
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:12 AM   #3

Name: Shawn
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
We had the same problem on our Sunsaver controller a couple of summers ago. It was simply a loose connection on one of the fuses.
Shawn B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 11:16 AM   #4

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Boler
Idaho
Thanks. I changed all the fuses, and didn’t notice anything weird. But maybe I missed something. I’ll poke around again.
brownrecluse is offline   Reply With Quote