Surfside converter grounding - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2022, 09:47 AM   #1

Name: Jason
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Newfoundland
Surfside converter grounding

I have a ‘79 surfside with the original power converter (see photos). I’ve boondocked a few times and took along my 600 watt portable power unit plugged the shoreline power cord from the converter into one of the AC outlets of the power box. I’ve been able to power up the trailer including interior lights, fans and AC receptacles, basically using the power box as a substitute for shore power.

Now for my questions:

1. There doesn’t seem to be a dedicated wire running from the grounding screw of the converter directly to the metal trailer frame. Should there be one? The shore power supply cord has its ground wire connected to this screw.

2. The panel of the converter says 12V AC. I always thought the 12V power coming out of the converter was DC. Is this not the case?

Here’s a link to my power box.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/m...2014p.html#plp
Attached Thumbnails
CDF22E1C-2CB2-4CE8-84E1-6977BA9FD126.jpg   9A2C3CBC-26DC-4A03-9BBC-291FB47F4215.jpg  

JasonGill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surfside