testing the charger/converter? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #21

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Chuck if you look at the Scamp wiring diagram in the Documents center that should help you assuming no one has messed around to much with the wiring. At the point where the wiring comes into the trailer may be a good places to check the voltage. Thats inside the trailer & the wiring is hidden under the rat fur is where you will find most of the connections to the outside. On mine thats inside the passenger side front bench hatch - on the front wall of the trailer. Scamp btw in case your unaware does have two inline fuses on their wiring - one just off the battery and the buried under the rat fur where the wiring enters the trailer. You may need to cut the rat fur to get it pulled back enough to see all the connections. While you have it all exposed you may also want to redo some of the connections and heat shrink wrap them as I noted that on my trailer some of the connections where pretty shaky. Another place to check may be at the point your wiring harness connects to the trailer - which depending on the age of your trailer or what others have done in the past in regards to changing wiring harnesses may or may not be inside the bench in the trailer - that may be outside and all wrapped up with a cover or tape.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #22

Name: asdf
Trailer: asdf
Alabama
I have the Scamp 16 and AFAICT mine just has a bundle of wire nuts in the floor inside of that storage location. A somewhat large bundle of wires. It looks like a lot of it is handling the 7 pin plug coming from the TV.
jwcolby54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #23

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcolby54 View Post
I have the Scamp 16 and AFAICT mine just has a bundle of wire nuts in the floor inside of that storage location. A somewhat large bundle of wires. It looks like a lot of it is handling the 7 pin plug coming from the TV.
It would be nice to think that Scamp may have improved their wiring/connection practices in that area or perhaps the PO of your trailer did a big clean up. that area is also were you will most probable find a well hidden inline fuse -often wrapped up with electrical tape making it hard to see on the line. If you have a power issue on the trailer that would be a starting point to look for the cause if all other obvious causes fail to give you joy.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #24

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
beardrum, They make special insulated screwdrivers for making the adjustments while energized.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote