Advise about grey water tank on Lil Snoozy - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #1

Name: Melanie
Trailer: Lil Snoozy "Marigold"
Alabama
Question Advise about grey water tank on Lil Snoozy

Elementary question - but we are new to this whole thing. On the Lil Snoozy (which we ordered last week), a lot of information was thrown at us and we are just now trying to sort it out. Grey water tank - does this empty out a regular hose? If so, do you just stick the end of the regular hose into the "dump station" or do you need a special hose (I have seen fat ones on other trailers) or do you use a regular hose with some sort of adapter? I realize you can't just let it run out on the ground anywhere you would like. Please advise how to do this. Thank you.
Melanie B in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
You can use either the large hose into a dump or an adapter into a water hose into a portable tank, your choice.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #3

Alabama
I don't think there is a large hose place on the Snoozy - just a place to screw on a regular hose. So if I bought a large fat hose (like from Camping World), what would I do with it? I realize Alan and Richard at Lil Snoozy will probably explain all this, but I would like to know what, if anything, I need to buy.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #4

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
You will always be able to sell anything you do not need, usually on CL or at a rally.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #5

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Direct-to-outside sink drains, like on many 13's, use a standard garden type hose for draining, but I can't imagine a grey tank dump with other than industry standard fittings, but then again I wouldn't have guessed the issue with the axle width either.

I hope that the Snoozy peeps aren't trying to reinvent the wheel.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
According to the Snoozy website the trailer has a 30 gallon grey water tank cant imagine its drained with just a garden hose. If it is it would sure take a long time to drain.

Hope someone with a Snoozy pipes up and gives the OP details as to whether or not a standard slinky hose and connection is used or as suggested a garden hose.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #7

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Former Escape 19 owner
Virginia
Registry
I used a garden hose.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #8

Registry
Lisa are you saying the Snooze doent have a larger outlet than a garden hose?
Old 10-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #9

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Former Escape 19 owner
Virginia
Registry
Yep, that's what I remember from my 2012 snoozy! Don't know if the 2013s are different.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #10

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
My 2013 uses a standard garden hose fitting. It does take a few minutes to empty.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #11

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
I suppose if it's a garden hose fitting, it may help to know that garden hose comes in various sizes, up to 3/4" inside diameter (large compared to the common 1/2").
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #12

Alabama
Thanks to everyone who chimed in, especially Susie in NC. Apparently a garden hose is what is used. I have a 15' hose that we will take at first. If it is too slow, I can get a larger diameter one (as suggested). Now I can find something else to worry about while awaiting my Snoozy to be built!
Old 10-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #13

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Best to have a non-kinking garden hose. My former Burro had this size of drain, and if the hose was prone to kinking it really didn't want to drain well at all.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #14

Accepting reports that this is a common garden hose fitting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie B in NC View Post
If so, do you just stick the end of the regular hose into the "dump station" or do you need a special hose (I have seen fat ones on other trailers) or do you use a regular hose with some sort of adapter?
Yes, you can just stick the end of the regular "garden" hose into the dump station opening. If you are staying hooked up to a sewer port at your campsite, you will probably be expected to use something that closes off the opening, and there are fittings for that which accept a garden hose connection... used for both this purpose and by people who use a macerator pump to empty their tanks - those pumps discharge through a garden hose.
Easy Slip Grey Water Drain Adapter - Camco 39111 - Sewer Fittings & Adapters - Camping World

I don't see any point in adding adapters to use the "fat" 3 inch common RV sewer hose, since there are no big solids and the flow is choked through a 3/4" fitting anyway. That big hose is bulky and awkward and the Snoozy's cassette toilet spares you from needing to deal with it.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Best to have a non-kinking garden hose.
Yes, because there is no water pressure in the hose to keep it wide open.

While picking hose... a distinct colour is good too: you don't want to accidentally mix this up with the hose you use to put fresh water into the trailer!
Old 10-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #16

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
30 gallons thru a garden hose...now we know why they named it Snoozy.... too much wine tonight.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #17

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Yeah, you'll want to pick a time at the dump station when you won't create a backup while you slooooowly empty out.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #18

Registry
Note to self, dont pull into a dump station behind a Snooze.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #19

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Is the Snoozy the one with no propane appliances?
In other words, designed to be parked someplace with full hookups, where it wouldn't matter if you just leave the garden hose draining grey water all the time?
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #20

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Is the Snoozy the one with no propane appliances?
In other words, designed to be parked someplace with full hookups, where it wouldn't matter if you just leave the garden hose draining grey water all the time?
Yup thats the one.