Black water-Grey Water - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2009, 10:00 PM   #1

Trailer: 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Took my new to me '80 17' Bigfoot out and for the first time used the sink and the toilet-a total thrill seeings I have never had either in a trailer-course I have never had a trailer. Well where all this water went was totally confusing. It appears that the grey water from the sink was going into thee black water tank, and I was pulling levers under the trailer and all manner of water was coming out the tube, but I could never quite figure out what was going on in its routing. When I used the kitchen sink it sounded like the water was draining into the black water tank, and though I asume the black water tank is smaller than the grey, the black tank sure filled faster than the output of two people could muster. So can someone direct me to, or offer some information on what is happening in my litttle trailer to the various water, and how exactly the grey water lever works. These surprises are a bit of a worry-thankfully I was at the sani-dump when I was pulling all the levers and not in my driveway. Being a total rookie with a Bigfoot is quite interesting and at some times a little perilous, thank god for rubber gloves and boots.. Many thanks
ROIDON L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 05:24 AM   #2

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Bigfoot is a really great trailer but i am not all that familiar with them and not sure if the plumbing is hidden for winter purposes but if you can follow a sink drain unerneath maybe you can follow it to the tank it drains into...... and the same with the toilet. When draining i would do the black tank first and then the grey tank to clean out the hose.
Enjoy that new "bigfoot" and hope this helps a little.
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:56 PM   #3

Trailer: Biggar 19 ft
Hi

Have been doing similar detective work on our new trailer. Three conclusions:

1. the valve lever nearest a drain doesn't doesn't always empty the tank into which that drain drains. For example, our kitchen drain drains into a tube that then passes above the emptying apparatus and goes clear to the other side of the trailer where it dumps into a gray water tank. The valve nearest the gray water tank empties it.

2. On ours the three inch diameter tube empties the black water tank and a two inch diameter tube empties the gray water tank.

3. Our gray water and black water tanks appear to each have three connections. One receives water from the sink, another appears to let fumes vent to the roof, another runs to the clean out valve.

I had to remove some interior wall panels to get a good enough look to figure out what was going on.

Ours is not the same brand of trailer as yours, but yours may have similar arrangements.

Best of luck!
Cory Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:09 PM   #4

Trailer: 1974 Boler and 1988 Bigfoot
Hi new Bigfoot owner another one great ,anyway I have a 1988 Bigfoot 17 ft I dont think they changed to much but the valve closest to the tire is for grey water and the other is for black water or the stuff you dont want to touch ,if you go under your trailer you can see the tanks that they drain from anyway have fun and nice to see that you are from beautiful BC too, Good Luck...
Rick M is offline   Reply With Quote