Boler water lines/waste - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2017, 06:21 PM   #1
AKS

Name: Amanda
Trailer: 1977 Boler '13
Tennessee
Question Boler water lines/waste

Hi! I am picking up a 77 13' Boler tomorrow, and I am beyond thrilled! The water lines need to be replaced, and I have seen them but know nothing about plumbing. Are these the kinds of things I can pick up at Lowe's/etc? Or are they special sizes or something?

Another question - what is the best/easiest waste water set up? I searched the site but still would love some input.

Thanks!
AKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:41 PM   #2

Name: D. Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Manitoba
Boler Water and waste lines

I am not familiar with the water lines used in 1977, but everything today is being done with PEX water line hose and their fitting system. Adapters, threaded or otherwise depends on what is coming off of the pumps, tank etc. I assume that the only waste water in a 13 ft 77 model would be a single sink. Once you get it, look into it and take some pictures.
Jim
Jim Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:55 PM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Amanda, if you are just replacing the "lines" in your 1977 Boler, this is tubing that you can get at a hardware store. If you have to replace hull fittings or faucets, those can be bought at an RV supply shop or Amazon.

The specific items you need will depend on what's in the camper now. In my 1974 Boler 13 (since sold) and in my Trillium 4500 I replaced some of the water tubing and fittings. In both campers, I replace the grey water outlet on the side of the camper, the sink trap, and the tubing from the sink trap to the grey water fitting. I bought all of this at amazon.

(Edit: also replaced city water inlet, city water faucet and fresh water pump faucet in both of the above campers with parts from Amazon)
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:38 PM   #4

Name: kenny
Trailer: 93 "Lil" Bigfoot 13.5'
Utah
my sisters Boler has a hand pump. Upgrade to pump my need help,if not upgraded now.
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 12:11 PM   #5
AKS

Tennessee
Thanks for the replies! Since I have looked at it more, the drain line definitely needs to be replaced, but seems very simple to find. The intake (?) has a leak in the piece where you connect the hose on the outside and one the inside it has a stem, connected to another line that looks new and easy to find. Anyone know what I am referring to about the stem? I will try to get a photo!
Old 07-09-2017, 12:17 PM   #6

Michigan
Registry
Definitely post a photo. Not sure whether you mean the fresh water tank fill inlet of the city water inlet.

Edit: If there is a fresh water tank, you will also want to check that re connections, cracks, etc.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:46 PM   #7
AKS

Tennessee
OK, so after many trips to various stores and some finagling, we found all the parts and pieces we need...except one. I am finding one of the hardest parts of all of this is not knowing how to search about or for something because I don't know what its called! There is a crack in the plastic valve (?) piece where you attach the waste hose on the outside. There was a cap but its so old the piece that attaches it cracked and its currently MIA. So this is the circular plastic piece where you attach the hose on the outside for the grey water from the sink. Anyone know what its called? Thanks so much!
Old 07-20-2017, 09:04 PM   #8

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
I think you're talking about a gray water waste valve. Or, you could be talking about the pipe with the bayonets for the sewer hose. They are called by several names, such as sewer pipe adapter, sewer pipe hub, rigid pipe adapter, sewer pipe fitting, etc.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:29 PM   #9
AKS

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Michigan View Post
Amanda, if you are just replacing the "lines" in your 1977 Boler, this is tubing that you can get at a hardware store. If you have to replace hull fittings or faucets, those can be bought at an RV supply shop or Amazon.

The specific items you need will depend on what's in the camper now. In my 1974 Boler 13 (since sold) and in my Trillium 4500 I replaced some of the water tubing and fittings. In both campers, I replace the grey water outlet on the side of the camper, the sink trap, and the tubing from the sink trap to the grey water fitting. I bought all of this at amazon.

(Edit: also replaced city water inlet, city water faucet and fresh water pump faucet in both of the above campers with parts from Amazon)
John - so is the grey water outlet two pieces? One interior one exterior? Do you happen to have a link for the one you purchased? Thanks!
Old 07-20-2017, 09:40 PM   #10

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Amanda, pictures would make telling you the names/functions of whatever so much easier. A year or so ago there was a question asked with a few details given. He received many answers but when he finally posted a pic.....we were all wrong to what he meant . It's the 1 pic & 1000 word thing .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:07 PM   #11
AKS

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
Amanda, pictures would make telling you the names/functions of whatever so much easier. A year or so ago there was a question asked with a few details given. He received many answers but when he finally posted a pic.....we were all wrong to what he meant . It's the 1 pic & 1000 word thing .
OK, OK, I will stop being lazy and snap a pic tomorrow
Old 07-21-2017, 04:04 AM   #12

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKS View Post
OK, OK, I will stop being lazy and snap a pic tomorrow
Thank you
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 05:08 AM   #13

Michigan
Registry
Amanda, here is the grey water "hardware" I bought on Amazon: Camco 37420 Flexible Camper Drain
Old 07-21-2017, 08:23 AM   #14
AKS

Tennessee
Quote:
Amanda, here is the grey water "hardware" I bought on Amazon: Camco 37420 Flexible Camper Drain
This answers so many questions! And now I feel silly. That cup/catch piece threw me, I was looking for it alone! And cursing the size of all the drain end pieces.

Here is the exterior piece I was referencing.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3662.jpg  
Old 07-21-2017, 08:46 AM   #15

Michigan
Registry
Quote:
Yes I used this same part on both my Boler 13 and my Trillium 4500.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:20 AM   #16

Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKS View Post
Hi! I am picking up a 77 13' Boler tomorrow, and I am beyond thrilled! The water lines need to be replaced, and I have seen them but know nothing about plumbing. Are these the kinds of things I can pick up at Lowe's/etc? Or are they special sizes or something?

Another question - what is the best/easiest waste water set up? I searched the site but still would love some input.

Thanks!
I recommend going with CPVC, you will be glad you did. Very easy for a DIY install, no special tools to buy all you need is a hacksaw to cut the pipe to length. It is used in homes and is reliable. The CPVC is for hot or cold water, regular PVC is for cold only. I plumbed my 13' Boler with CPVC for under $50 for both hot & cold lines. That included 2 valves to control city water & tank water. It takes a little planning on where you want the lines ran & measure and cut the right lengths as needed. I did it all in about 2 hours.

Tags
boler